Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gourav GopalYour feedback matters!
I have eye pain for some months now . It's just the left eye. It itches me. I've taken drugs but still same condition. The itches occurs more when I see bright light.
I am 22 year old man. I have dark circles under my eyes, I have to give continuous sitting of around 10 hours before computer. I masturbate thrice approx in a week, I have eye allergies too, so this is due to lack of sleep or by over masturbation or due to eye allergies. Please tell me there reason and solution, how to get rid of it.
I am Adarsh Jaju. And I have got red eye since few months. Tried many eye drops bt have not seen any effect what shall I do now?
When I am seeing system monitor I am getting water drops in my eyes what's the problem it only sometimes.
I wear spectacles, no diseases, only vision problem. How can I get my vision back to normal or at least stop from increasing problem?
While using smart phone eyes are getting some pain even within few minutes. What to do to control burning of eyes.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
Physical or mental tires me quicklyamd very easily. Even if not done much work. There's sensations in my head, I get short breath and upper back starts aching. All three things happen at same time. My eyes become heavy. I just feel like lying down with closed eyes and rest. All this happens very frequently. I can't walk much too. Sunlight also troubles my eyes .Eyes and head starts aching. I also have headaches once / twice a month.
I m having continuous headache and facing difficulties while watching something. I think it is due to my eye problem but I m not sure because when I expose to cold only then problem occur so plzz suggest me is it due to my eyes or cold.
Sir, I have a small sight I want to go for laser treatment is it a better idea? Or is there any alternative to cure my sight permanently? Is laser treatment done for all age groups? Will there be any side effects after laser treatment?
Last night when I slept everything is fine but when I wake up I found that from my left eye I can't see clearly whereas right is completely okay I washed it but nothing happened I used eye tone drops but still nothing happens. What is this and what will I do?
I am suffering from eye problem I got itching and redness and getting water from eyes please suggest me some medicine for fix it.
2 years back I got pregnant and thyroid got developed in first trimester and after 14 weeks I had to undergo an abortion. Unfortunately I was not diagnosed for thyroid and by the time I started my treatment my right eye got swell and I did the the treatment and now my ophthalmologist suggest only lacra gel for lubrication and eye drops. But my eyes shape is not as it was before. It waters when I am outdoor badly. It has become too sensitive. Please suggest what I should do to get my eyes shape back apart from surgery? Even if I go for a surgery what is the success rate and how safe this type of surgery is?
The cornea is the transparent layer of the eye that acts as a protective shield. The cornea, in combination with the sclera, protects the eyes from various harmful microorganisms and particulate matter, including the harmful UV radiations (to some extent). The cornea is made up of three important layers, the Endothelium, Stroma, and the Epithelium.
- Endothelium: The inner layer of the cornea, the endothelium helps to maintain a clear vision by removing the excess fluid absorbed by the stroma. The mitochondria-rich single celled layer functions more like a pump.
- Stroma: The middle corneal layer is extremely thick (~90% of the total corneal thickness) and composed mainly of proteins and fluids. Like the endothelium, the stroma, too, plays a pivotal role in the normal eye vision.
- Epithelium: Being the outermost layer, the epithelium functions as a defensive shield, protecting the eyes from harmful germs, bacteria and any matter that can harm the eye. Most importantly, the epithelium absorbs the essential nutrients and oxygen (present in the tears). The cornea, thus, plays a pivotal role in the normal vision of the eye. However, an injury or an infection can interfere with the corneal functioning, affecting a person's vision as well as giving rise to other complications (the eyes may appear itchy, watery and red. There may also be light sensitivity).
Some of the common cornea problems include
- Keratitis: Injury or microbial (bacteria, virus or fungi) infiltration of the cornea can trigger this condition resulting in corneal infection and inflammation. Some of the symptoms characteristic of keratitis include extreme light sensitivity, blurred vision. The inflammation can also result in redness, pain (moderate to severe) and watery eyes. Antifungal, antiviral or steroidal eye drops may provide relief from the associated symptoms.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): This condition mainly affects people who have suffered from chickenpox. In some cases, the virus though inactive may still be present in the body (in the nerves). However, at a later period, certain factors may trigger its activation. Once active, the virus can affect different parts of the body, including the cornea. Shingles can cause corneal soreness and inflammation. Old people and those with a weak immunity are more likely to suffer from shingles. People with shingles may benefit from the administration of steroidal (tropical) and antiviral eye drops.
- Ocular Herpes: This is a viral infection triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV I) or Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV II) resulting in herpes of the cornea. The condition gives rise to corneal inflammation and sores. Here too, the patient can get some relief by using antiviral or steroidal eye drops.
- Keratoconus: This is a degenerative disorder of the cornea that results in thinning of the cornea. The condition can also alter the corneal shape, resulting in swelling, pain, and loss of vision (partial to complete, particularly the night vision).
- Fuchs' Dystrophy: This is a corneal dystrophy whereby the corneal endothelial cells break down at a slower rate than usual. As a result, the stroma may be waterlogged resulting in swelling and blurred vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.