Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gagandeep Sachdeva
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Gagandeep SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I am 41 yrs./male old. I have problem of swelling in legs from last 3-4 months, also on face specially on eyes in the morning (when I am awakened). My occupation is computer operator and I work regularly sitting due to nature of my work. Please suggest me treatment of this problem.
Meri aayu 61 year ki ha. mai 20 year se dm2 se pidit hu. Aaj kal meri sugar 230 to 300chal rahi h. Mai homalog mix25 inj leta hu. Tab. Metaformin&gelwas le raha hu is samye mere ghutno me 5 ya 6 din se dard hai & gupt ang me bhi khujli or dard rehta h. Aankho se bhi kam dikh raha h
I usually worked 8 hr in my office and job is generally in front of PC so I usually feels back pain what should I do please help me doctor.
I had miscarriage last month. After that I started suffering from leg pains. I visited ortho also .doctor said muscles are weak and give me medicines. Please give me suggestion to get rid of this problem.
My grand mother have a good pain in whole body specially in her hand, she didn't getting good sleep also in night for this pain. She has tried everything possible to manage her pain in control, but its didn't works longer. Every specialist has medicates with their special treatment, but its also did not works. Medicines and physiotherapy and lots of workout are also fails control her pain. So, please tell how she can manage her pain.?
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.