Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhushan Kumar
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Bhushan KumarYour feedback matters!
When selecting a sunscreen, make sure the label says:
- Broad spectrum: the words 'broad spectrum' means that the sunscreen can protect your skin from both types of harmful UV rays - the uva rays and the UVB rays.
- Spf 30 or higher: the aadmerican academy of dermatology recommends that you select a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher.
- Water resistant: dermatologists also recommend that you look for the words 'water resistant.' this tells you that the sunscreen will stay on the wet or sweaty skin for a while before you need to reapply. Water resistance lasts either 40 or 80 minutes. Not all sunscreens offer water resistance.
I ve white patches on my face and dark circles around my eyes. Please suggest me a solution for this.
I am 23 yrs old. I hav full dry and strengthless hairs. And also suffering from dandruff and hair loss. So suggest me wht to do to overcome from all these problems. N suggest me the best hair oil and shampoo. And also suggest me for how many days I hv to take hair bath in week.
I m suffering frm some vitamins prblm I need good health from inside. problem is my darkcircles n my skin getting older and older I need sum good supplements name through which I will 2* times fairer n free from dark circles.
Hello sir, I'm 18 years old male, from few days I feel like some pain or itchiness in my scalp and now I'm starting to see some hair loss before that I usually saw 10 to15 or maximum 20 hairs but nowadays its like 50-60 is it good or what? I don't know what to do please help me.
I have skin problems e. G pimples on face & it has itching. I'm in very critical situation. Please help me what should be I do?
Hello, I have a scar on my face because of chicken pox which happened 5 years ago. The scar has left a black spot. I want to remove it, can you help me with this.
Dark discolouration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy home remedies.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
1. Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
2. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
3. Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
4. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue its use.
7. Coconut Oil
Massaging with coconut OIL is another effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
1. Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut OIL on the under eye area.
2. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off.
3. Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
1. Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
2. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
4. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes for a few minutes. You can also use a bag of frozen peas, a chilled tea bag or a cold spoon.
Follow these remedies a few times daily.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize dark circles. It will also make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
1. Mix two teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste to the affected area.
3. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth.
4. Do this daily until you get positive results.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
- To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.