Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Amrit Pal SinghYour feedback matters!
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My brother has got operated decompression and leminectomy at spine d- 10 & d - 11 by apollo, chennai. But he can't walk without support due to pain and weakness in his thigh, seems it's neither flail-back-syndrome nor myosist. Please reply to whom can I consult for my brother's treatment
I amsufferingfrom bones pain since last month. Whole bones have so much of pain n some sound also come from joints.
Respected sir / madam. I am 30 year old male &i have lower backache for last (1 year), when I am in rest, then after I stand up I feel very hard pain in my back bone. Sometime I feel verybounded on my chest. Sir please what can I do? help me.
I have pain on my wrist. I used a amrutanjan for 4 days but did't see any change what should I have to do now.
She is suffering from chronic body pains. She have sever pain in her all joints. She is unable to move because of extreme pain in foot, legs, back. Once she had minor fracture in taibone. Please help As she is in chronic situation. Tried 100s of doctors but all in vain.
My father and mother have the joints pain they are using several medicins but the pain is still present so what type of medication should they take? Also I want to know the medication of migraine.
My age is 66, and i'm male and months before I had high thyroid and uric acid and for that I was having joint and also bones pain. After consulting many doctors, taking medicines and controlling diets, both thyroid and uric acid levels have gone down below the normal. But the extreme body and joint pains now gone higher and now it's so much that I barely get sleep at night. I've also consulted a srps orthopaedic surgeon but of no use. Please I need some help!
i feel disturbing pain on and off in my right leg. Iam a type 2 diabetic aged 59. Iam sedentary by nature. Thank you
Hi I had continuous body pain and joint pain with heavy cold for more that 15 days. Just randomly took blood test and it was typhoid H positive 1 in 160 dilution and is typhoid O positive 1 in 160 dilution. But my doctor did not reacted much for this report. He Just gave tablets. He did not even advices me about the food habits. Is this normal or danger please tell me.
Knee replacement is a surgery wherein an artificial joint is used to replace a diseased, damaged or worn out knee. This surgery is common among people who fall in the age group of 60-80, but recent trends seem to suggest that younger people are opting for this surgery as well. The lifetime of the artificial knee joint is around 20 years, provided the knee is well cared for.
Why do you need Knee Replacement?
Most common reason is “high grade osteoarthritis” due to wear and tear of the knee joint. The pre-hospital study of the Knee joint is mandatory and would decide what kind of Replacement is suitable to the patient. If there is diabetes or hypertension associated with this, then it should be controlled well before undergoing surgery. Hemoglobin of at least 10 gm% is required.
If the mobility in your knee joint is reduced leading to impaired functioning of the knee joint, then you might need a knee replacement surgery. You may experience pain while walking, sitting and, in some cases, resting as well.
Some of the common reasons why you may opt for this particular surgery are:
- Gout, where, small crystals are formed inside the joint.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune system of the body attacks the body’s healthy tissues.
- Hemophilia, wherein, the blood ceases to clot normally.
- Injuries to the knee
- Disorders that cause unusual bone growth (bone dysplasias)
- Death of bone in the knee joint following blood supply problems (avascular necrosis)
- Knee deformity with pain and loss of cartilage
- Unusual growth of bones in the knee joint
Knee replacement surgery is classified into:
1. Partial Knee Replacement: In this surgery, only one part of the joint is replaced.
2. Total Knee Replacement: Total knee replacement surgery involves replacement of both sides of the knee joint.
The usual hospital stay period is around 2-3 days after the surgery is completed. Initially, you will require the help of crutches to walk for at least 2 months. You may also be asked to do gentle knee strengthening exercises. It may take up to two years to recover completely from a knee replacement surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
My wife aged 58 years having a kneen pain for the last 5 years and now also developed back pain for the last 3 months -consulted so many doctors in faridabad and they give only pain killers which give short time relief kindly advise permanent relief from this problem
My left leg is paining for last few days. Started when I fell from last two stairs. What should I do.
I do regular gym but for last 2 days my both hips are paining very much I can't able to stand properly or sit properly please any advice is very helpful for me.
What are muscle knots?
Muscle knots are points within a muscle where contracted fibers are unable to release, or, as the dictionary puts it: highly irritable localized spots of exquisite tenderness in a nodule in palpable taunt bands of muscle tissue.
A common problem for active people, muscle knots technically called myofascial trigger points, or mtps feel like a small knot to your fingertips. These knots can range from the size of a pinhead in smaller muscles to the size of your thumb in larger muscles. 2
Muscle knots can cause pain in two ways: (1) latent trigger points, which are knots that only hurt when you put pressure on them, and (2) active trigger points, which are knots that actively refer pain along your neural pathways, causing it in non-localized areas.
Trigger points in a constant state of contraction have excess metabolic waste and oxygen use because blood flow to this area stops this sends pain signals to the brain. Because your brain wants to stop the pain, it commands the muscle to rest, which leads to under-usage of the muscle. This is what makes the muscle shorten and tighten up.
What causes muscle knots?
The most common causes of muscle knots are:
1) accidents acute trauma, such as bad falls sports injuries that strain you joints and muscles