Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mehsana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upendra C Vasavada
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Upendra C VasavadaYour feedback matters!
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory infection that affects the lungs, throat, nose and occasionally, the ears. It usually does not require treatment but Paracetamol can provide relief from most of the symptoms. Rarely, influenza can lead to severe complications like pneumonia, sinus problems and asthma. Annual vaccinations can prevent these complications even if you do get a mild flu.
The influenza virus is air borne and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, skin to skin contact, or indirect contact like touching a contaminated object. Type A, Type B and Type C influenza viruses affect the respiratory organs.
People with weak immune systems are infected more easily than others- children under the age of 4, people above the age of 60 pregnant women, obese people and those who are suffering from kidney disorders and diabetes are at greater risk of infection. Air pollution also aggravates the problem.
There is also little chance that your body has the necessary antibodies to fight the virus if you have been infected before. This is because the influenza virus modifies constantly and new strains of the virus appear rapidly. So, the antibodies that work against one particular variant do not work effectively against the others. This is why vaccination is also not a foolproof preventive technique against this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin to show within a few days after infection. In a few cases, the infection may be asymptomatic. When they do show, the symptoms are very common- high fever, shivering, a blocked and runny nose, frequent coughing and sneezing and chest congestion are the predominant signs. In the later stages, there are headaches, body aches, general fatigue, reddened and watering eyes, throat pains and difficulty in speaking.
In the cases where the patient is a child, there are a few other symptoms like digestive and gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. The last two are especially common in children who have been infected by influenza virus Type B.
Aged people often have low resistance to the virus. This is why the flu quickly escalates and the complications like primary viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia. In such cases, there are sever symptoms like breathing problems, the presence of blood in the sputum, red and itchy skin and petechial rashes (caused by minor punctures in the capillary blood vessels). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Last period date: 10aug-15aug. Had unprotected sex on 27th aug. And had ipill (ecp) 6 hours after the intercourse for the first time in her life. After four days on 1st September she started bleeding. The pain and blood was just like her periods. Bleeding continued for 3 days and stopped on the fourth day. Yesterday i.e:18th September, she did a test with prega news pregnancy kit which came negative. My question is that every thing fine? Do we still have to worry about pregnancy. We are tensed. please help.
I am in relation with my colleague. I got pregnant. I took pills to avoid my pregnancy. Now my M.C is irregular and so much bleeding in vagina. What is problem.
My splenectomy was done in 1997 due to sickle cells as blood cells were being ruptured I do not have those reports do any thing to worry now.
I am 50 years old female. After uterus ovary operation I got thyroid problem within a month so I take medicine for it. My problem is that I do not get regular moving bowels in the morning and I donnot sleep in the night for a longer hours kindly give me a solution.
Health benefits of consuming dates:
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin b1, b2, b3 and b5 along with vitamin a1 and c.
3. It helps improve the digestive system
As it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7. Dates also help in lowering of the ldl cholesterol.
9. It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
10. It helps increase one's sexual stamina.
11. Soak one handful of dates in goat's milk overnight. In the morning grind the dates in the milk and add honey and cardamom powder and drink it.
12. Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
13. Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.
14. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
From 2 months I am not getting period and now I had a pregnancy test at home its negative then too I can be pregnant?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.