Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Meerut and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I face many a times a large ulcer behind my last third molar tooth(wisdom tooth) while brushing my teeth. But it becomes so painfull after one or two days and involves all teeth and make them hypersensitized and i feel pain even while chewing food. That ulcer also involve left internal ear(if ulcer occures at left side) and i feel some mild pain inside the left internal ear. What will be the probable diagnosis or to way of getting rid of this oftenly occurring problem.
I want to get the gap between my teeth. Is there any treatment centre in Indore or bhopal and what would the whole treatment cost?
From last 4years it's bleeding from my teeth I have went near dentist but it stops for months and starts again. Now a days it too difficult to me when I'm going to bed in the middle of night its starts bleeding. My mouth smells very badly. So please give some tips or suggest me to do something.
Hi, I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last few years. When I get this ulcer I use b-complex tab so I can get relief. But how long is this. Can I have permanent remedy for this.
My tongue cannot taste anything. But I can feel the taste in my mouth but not my tongue. Please help doctors.
I have been suffering from bad breath from high school onwards. I maintain a good oral hygiene but its still no use. Can you please help me out. I am 24 year old male.
Can any one suggest tablets for dryness of mouth. I don't have any hormones problem I won't drink or smoke I won't sleep by opening mouth still I have bad breath problem y I don't know I went to dentist they told no problem with your teeth can any one suggest tablets which I can get in medical shop please please.
I have teeth ache from last 3 months. So I don't eat cold item. I don't have any damage teeth but some time it will feels horrible. So what I can do for this problem?
Hi doctor I am 18 yrs old. I am suffering from mouth ulcer after every 15 to 16 days so what can I do to overcome this problem permanently.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!