Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Meerut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna AgarwalYour feedback matters!
It's my 6th month. And am expecting twins. But sometimes it happens that one baby responds and the other dont. 3-4 times i was taken to hospital thinking its a risk. Can you explain why ?
Ghee is a good fat! if you know how to use It.
- Ghee, which is known as ‘ghrita’ in ayurveda, is described as ‘the best’ among lipid. Media due to its quality of inheriting and enhancing the drug potency. It is given Foremost importance for internal usage in diet or as an adjuvant medicine.
- It is extensively used in ayurvedic practice, especially in degenerative, chronic and Deep-seated diseases.
- Ghee is used as medicine by itself or as media for extraction, absorption and Assimilation of any medicine. It is used as medicine when qualities of lipids and fats Are required for treatment. It is used as solvent or base for extraction of herbo-mineral Active principles. It is used as media for absorption of lipid soluble vitamins or other Active principles in the food or medicine. It is also used as a carrier media in certain medicines to facilitate the transport of active principles across the cell membrane, which is permeable only to lipid molecules, e. G, the blood-brain barrier where transport of ‘medhya’ (which promote intellect and memory) medicines is possible if the drug is processed in lipid media.
- Ghee is used in different doses for different purposes at different timings in ayurvedic treatment. It is given in larger doses on empty stomach without food for the purpose of cleansing the body by panchakarma procedures. Whereas, if it is to increase the bulk of the body, then it is given in small quantities mixed with food. Similarly, if it is used as medicine to alleviate some disease process, then it is given in moderate doses on empty stomach.
The relevance of such usage of ghee in this era of ‘cholesterol threat’ can be explained as follows:
- Even though ghee is an animal fat, studies have shown that the larger doses given for cleansing purpose do not increase the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol, ldl. Instead, this increased the ‘good’ cholesterol hdl or sometimes did not alter the lipid profile at all.
- Alleviating doses of medicated ghee is helpful in absorption and transport of lipid soluble active principles across cell membranes, which are permeable only to lipid media. Also, ghee has the ability to increase the levels of fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamin e in the blood which is an important antioxidant in preventing oxidation of ldl in the sub-endothelial space of arteries and thus, preventing atherosclerosis and the consequent heart attack or stroke.
- Bulk promoting doses of ghee are used where there is indication for that, especially in a lean and emaciated person. In such cases, there will be deficiency of fats and fat- soluble principles. Moreover, even though ldl is depicted as ‘bad’ cholesterol, it is required in its non-oxidized form to build and repair the cell wall and hence, for all structural units in the body. So, administration of ghee in such persons will fulfill the deficient principles to build, maintain and repair those structural units.
- Many enzymes and hormones are also released and activated by lipids in gi tract and blood. Ghee stimulates biliary secretion and contraction of gall bladder. It nourishes Gi mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
- Thus, usage of ghee in suitable conditions with suitable doses of suitable preparations will render thousands of benefits due to nullification of toxins and toxic effects of drugs; increased absorption, transportation and bio-availability of the drugs used and also by acting as a media to dissolve and enhance the efficacy of the active principles in the drugs used. Hence, usage of ghee explained in ayurveda is very appropriate, if
- It is used judiciously by considering the indications and contra-indications properly.
Hi sir, meri period irregular ho raha he aur pcos ki bhi problem he is liye face pe pimples aur black spot bhi hogaya please advise kuch diye to acha hota.
Main apni girlfriend k upar leta tha hum log sex karne ki iccha se the but hum logo ne kiya ni. Aur lete lete mera spirm meri gf k stomach par gir gya and maine usko pocha bhi tha .but uske periods miss ho gaye h.vaise uske periods hamesa irregular hote hai .but this time 10 days irregular ho gaye .meri gf ka maximaum irregeular period time 5 day tha .but this time 10 days ho gaye. So I am very upset. Main bus ye janna chahta hu ki kya agar spirm vagina to touch bhi karta h to usse pregnency k chances hote h. Please suggest me Sir or Madam.
Hello doctor I had sex for the first time and now I'm bleeding. How long this bleeding will be continue and is there any adverse effect of it? How to control it please help.
Hi, when I got married I used anti contraceptive pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. After I had a child, again I used the pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. But now I came to know that I lost my libido or sex drive because of the pills. How can I improve my sex drive again, my husband says that he is not satisfy and I am not reaching upto his expectations. Please consider my request and help me. Thanks.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child.
Read on to find out the 4 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
- Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby's rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby's chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
- Caffeine: It's wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby's heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
- Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother's joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Today, prenatal testing can help pinpoint your unborn child’s risk to a number of genetic conditions. NIPT or non-invasive prenatal testing is a modern form of prenatal testing that does not harm the mother or child. NIPT involves a simple blood test that can be performed as an outpatient procedure in any doctor’s office. Blood for this test is collected from a vein in the mother’s arm. The DNA from this blood sample is then studied in a laboratory to look for signs of abnormalities. These results are them compared to your first trimester ultrasound results to determine if further testing is required.
There are a number of advantages to this form of testing
- Highly Accurate: NIPT results are said to be accurate in 99% cases. This clears doubts about chromosomal abnormalities and helps parents to be deal with problems in their unborn children. For example, NIPT testing can be used to diagnose problems like Down syndrome. NIPT also decreases the need for other forms of invasive prenatal testing.
- Safe: NIPT is noninvasive and does not harm the health of the baby or the mother. Since it involves only a simple blood test, it does not cause pain or discomfort either. It also has no connection to miscarriages. Pregnant woman above the age of 35 and those who have had an ultrasound showing an increased risk of aneuploidy or those who have a history of trisomy can benefit from this form of pre-natal testing. The only known alternative to this form of testing involves withdrawing DNA samples from the amniotic sac with the help of a needle. This form of testing can result in a miscarriage in rare cases.
- Comfortable: Unlike prenatal tests that require precision while withdrawing DNA from the amniotic sac, the NIPT requires far less expertise. This makes women much more comfortable undergoing this form of testing as compared to the other.
- Early Diagnosis: With prenatal testing parents do not have to wait till a baby is born to find out if he or she suffers from any genetic complications. NIPT can be scheduled as early as 10 weeks into the pregnancy and hence gives the parents enough time to prepare themselves to deal with the issue if any.
However, you should remember that NIPT cannot be used to replace diagnostic tests such as amniocentesis. Also, it does not detect all chromosomal abnormalities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Nose cancer
- Throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cervical cancer etc.
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My sister is 19 years old and has pcos. What long term treatment do you suggest to keep her fit and healthy and reduce future health risks due to pcos? I have heard a lot about the medicine furocyst. Is it helpful? also, are there any better alternatives? please suggest long term treatment methods. Regards
I am 24 years a single men, she is 30 years women already married & have two children, her husband is in foreign, I interested to sex with her its right or wrong? After what will happen & effects tell me please doctors. When I will have sex with her so should use condom better or without condom what to do? she will get pregnant or not? Please advise.
My period are 22 days late. I done two hpt is negative. Is there any chance I get pregnant. I have pregnancy symptoms. I feel pregnant. I am very confused please solve my problem.
Hi sir, me 28 years Ki hu mujhe Caesar operation se 2 daughters he, 2nd Caesar ke saat hi mene tubuler ligation (family planning) ka operation bhi karva liya tha, abhi mene IVF method ke baareme suna to kya sperm inject karke vapas pregnancy attempt karsakti hu? Is there any risk?
A cystic area seen in right adnexa measures 36*32*18 mm and volume 11. 6 ml .Small simple right para ovarian cyst. Is it anything to worry about? The lab doctor said its nothn but a physiological cyst and will vanish by itself.
About 10 percent of couples of reproductive age in the United States will have difficulty conceiving. Approximately 30 percent of cases are due to problems in man, another 30 percent due to problems in women and the remainder is unexplained causes or multiple factors involving both partners. If you had sex regularly and without using any birth control for over a year (or six months if you're over 35) without conceiving, see your doctor. Almost 90 percent of couples with infertility problems can successfully undergo fertility treatment. Read about common causes of infertility, possible treatments and how many couples become pregnant after treatment. Note that the success rates vary, since a couple can have multiple problems. 1. Obstructions A small percentage of men has a blockage in their ejaculatory duct that prevents sperm from entering the ejaculation fluid. If the vas deferens or epididymis vessels become clogged or damaged, possibly your sperm can not reach the egg of your partner. The cause of the obstruction could be an infection, injury, birth defects or a vasectomy. Possible symptoms: None. Possible solutions: surgery to repair an obstruction or reverse the vasectomy. Success rate: Depending on the problem and the type of surgery is performed about 50 to 90 percent of men have more sperm in their semen after surgery. About 20 to 65 percent of couples can conceive either through sexual intercourse or by in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection. 2. Varicocele The varicocele (dilated veins, similar to varicose veins in the scrotum) increases the temperature of the testicles, which can affect sperm production. Possible symptoms: None (but can detect the problem through a physical examination). Possible solutions: surgery to repair the varicocele. Success rate: Up to 43 percent of men impregnate their partner within one year after surgery and to 69 percent do so within two years. 3. Irregular sperm If you have few sperm or none, if motility (ability to move) is low or abnormally shaped, possibly they are unable to fertilize the eggs of your partner. Possible symptoms: None. Possible solutions: fertility drugs; artificial insemination with donor sperm or with your own sperm if the quantity, shape and motility not have excessive anomaly; or intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Success rate: When fertility drugs that aim to increase egg production are combined with artificial insemination, the success rate is between 8 and 17 percent per cycle. With ICSI, the success rate is about 30 percent per cycle. 4. Sperm allergy Your body may develop antibodies that kill your own sperm, most of the time after a vasectomy, testicular torsion (where the testicle twists inside the scrotum), infection or trauma. Possible symptoms: None. Possible solutions: artificial insemination, assisted reproduction or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (drugs with corticosteroids such as prednisone are sometimes used to inhibit sperm antibodies but many doctors do not recommend them because of their side effects). Success rate: When fertility drugs that aim to increase egg production are combined with artificial insemination, the success rate is between 8 and 17 percent per cycle. With ICSI, the success rate is around 30 percent per cycle. 5. Unexplained fertility problems Your doctor may diagnose you a 'problem unexplained fertility' when you cannot clearly state the cause of your problem conceiving. Some experts believe that environmental toxins may be factors that contribute to the disorder but no confirmed no direct association between fertility and these possible problems. Possible symptoms: None. Possible solutions: fertility drugs combined with artificial insemination or assisted reproductive techniques such as in-vitro fertilization. Success rate: When fertility drugs that aim to increase egg production are combined with artificial insemination, the success rate is between 8 and 17 percent per cycle. With in vitro fertilization, about 20 to 40 percent of pregnancies end in cycles. After three years of treatment, the probability that a couple will conceive decreases by about 20 to 25 percent each year. 6. Combination fertility problems It is said that a couple has fertility problems 'combined' when both the man and the woman have a fertility problem. Possible Symptoms: Symptoms vary, depending on causes Possible Solutions: Treatments vary, depending on causes Success Rate: The percentages vary, depending on causes The objectives of the diagnostic evaluation, either exhaustive or limited, are: Determine the medical and psychological causes. Assess the severity and degree of responsibility for it. Establishing a therapeutic strategy that supports the specific diagnosis and meets the expectations of the patient and his partner.