Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Meerut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. SangeetaYour feedback matters!
My eye sight is weak and my eye number is also increased at every check up in 6 months. How can improve my eye sight?
I have weak eyesight right-3.5 left-3.5. Give me the ways to decrease those numbers and improve eyesight?
I am 23 years old. I sleep 8-9 hours a day but still I have constant dark rings around my eyes. Also my eyes looks as if I have put red kajal in my eyes when exposed to sun and the dark circles increases that time. Please guide me.
My eyes are become red when I just wake up what should I do to prevent the reddening of my eyes? Plzzzzz reply me hurry.
Sir, i have CSR in my right eye and is improving. recently, i am seeing ghost images on bright surfaces like text in tv etc. it is there in either eye with on eye closed. if i wear glasses then the ghost image disappears. sometimes if i see straight also the ghost image disappears. i am very much worried. on the first day of its appearance i visited an opthalmologist, they said nothing in the left eye rather than CSR in RE. i am not diabetic or have BP. would request your help.
I am short sight problem in my eye. I am wearing spectacles at the age of 10. Currently my power was - 2.5 in each eye. Is it possible to reduce my short sight ranga in future.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.