Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Meerut and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. P.K. JainYour feedback matters!
Hi Sirs, I am 63 tears old having a flowing eyes for years. For lat 4/5 days I suddenly have twitching in my left eye which at times become severe and uncontrollable. Kindly help. Thanks.
I am 27 years female. I have eye site its -2, but I don' t want to use spectacles. What should I do?
Hi sir as my eyes are becoming yellow and I can't sleep in night till 2'o clock. If I laid for sleeping early mean at 11 or 12 0'clock I can't sleep.
I sleeping nearly for 8 hours a day, even though my eye looks lazy and blood circulation to my eye is very less. Is there any severe problems in my eyes?
Got 6 minus in left eye and 7 minus no. In right eye and age is just 19 yet also height problem how to cure this is any hope is there or else have to be with this whole life?
I used to get to suffer from cold very often since I was 10. It's like whenever it catches me, my eyes too suffer, a kind of itchiness or burning in the eyes, and in my nose it feels like the bulgum is always liquid like water. I consulted with EnT doctors they told me it's allergy & told me if it's not handle, it could be asthma too & gave me some medications and a nasal spray called" nazomac f" but it didn't help me much in relief. Those cold attacks were very often in the winter but as nowadays are summer I am not caught up with cold but yes I still suffer from that eye problem, that burning feel still affect me, sometimes much some times less but it's there. I just want cure for the eyes & proper treatment for my problem. Please help me.
See I am 20 ears old boy. My Hand is panning every time. What's are the treatments for this pain please help and proceed mybproblumes.
My eyes are very red for two days and my hand is crack and my leg in very bad condition so you tell solution.
Number of his eyes is increasing day by day. Is there any way according which our eye sight increases?
I have been experiencing continuous back pain and in the upper half part of my eye back pain may be due to continuous working but I do not have any idea about the eye issue, what should I do?
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.