Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Meerut and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charu BatraYour feedback matters!
There is a gap in between my teeths. I don't want to wear pons is there any other method to reduce this gap?
I have suffered root canal operation in my upper teeth please provide information about how can I it solve.
Hi. Today morning when I got up, I am having pain on the left side of face that comes from the lower jaw to the joint and then to the ear. Not able open my mouth fully. Also not able to eat food because of pain. I never had such problem. Also it's not tooth ache as well.
My mother is aged about 78 years. For the past 4 years she suffers from mouth dryness. She is not sufficiently getting the saliva and also in regular form. She was taking allopathic treatment for knee pain for about 15 ~ 30 days of ultracet tablet. Is that because of any pain reliever tablet. Could you please suggest any treatment which can cure permanently the mouth dryness issue.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, my mom is planning to get her damaged or decayed tooth extracted. So is there any need for her to take pain killers or antibiotics before extraction. She complains about pain. Previous doctor used to give us tablets before extraction, now we met another dentist, he dint give us any tablets and asked her to have heavy lunch before extraction. thank you.
My 2 years old baby boy suffering from ulcers in his throat & mouth and he is not able to take food and even water from yesterday. Kindly suggest a good easy giving medicine to get rid off these ulcers. Also want to inform you that from 2 days he is also suffering from viral & sunstroke and his medicines going on. Kindly help.
Hi doctors I have dental problem my teeth is yellow ish colour what to do become a white and I smoked stop and gutkha also but yellowish colour not going.
doctor, I have my teeth colour is now yellow, what cause of this, and white dot on my teeth what can I do?
Im 22 years old. I have gum bleeding since 3 weeks. Not heavy bleeding just rarely my gums start to bleed. But for long durations like 10-15 mins. Please suggest what do I do.
I wear permanent braces on my teeth before 3 months but there is no result I have seen in my teet so please tell me how many time I see the perfect result on my teeth, is this taken so much time for a perfect teeth. I am so confused please satisfied me with this.
Is kissing and licking vagina of my wife is healthy. Secretions occurring in vagina can go in my mouth.
I have gum bleeding problem suggest me a good toothpaste or medicine for cure. When I wake up I always have to spit out a small amount of blood mixed with saliva and it is so uncomfortable is there a cure for this?
- Oral health touches every aspect of our lives but is often taken for granted. Your mouth is a window into the health of your body. It can show signs of nutritional deficiencies or general infection. Systemic diseases, those that affect the entire body, may first become apparent because of mouth lesions or other oral problems.
- Whether you are 80 or 8, your oral health is important. Most americans today enjoy excellent oral health and are keeping their natural teeth throughout their lives; however, cavities remain the most prevalent chronic disease of childhood. Some 100 million americans fail to see a dentist each year, even though regular dental examinations and good oral hygiene can prevent most dental disease. Many people believe that they need to see a dentist only if they are in pain or think something is wrong, but regular dental visits can contribute to a lifetime of good oral health. If you are experiencing dental pain, don't put off seeing a dentist. With dentistry's many advances, diagnosis and treatment are more sophisticated and comfortable than ever.
- You can practice good oral hygiene by always brushing your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, cleaning between your teeth once a day with floss or another interdental cleaner, replacing your toothbrush every three or four months and by eating a balanced diet and limiting between-meal snacks. Don't forget to schedule regular dental check-ups to keep your smile, and yourself, healthy.