Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Meerut and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SinghYour feedback matters!
I have a daughter of 2.5 years ,there are yellow spots on her front upper teeth though we used to brush her teeth twice a day.
MY 2 TOOTS HAVE BECOME BRITTLE AND COMES IN PIECES TO MY HAND AND ONE TOOTH SURFACE GOT ERODED FEELS VERY ROUGH WHEN I TOUCH WITH MY TONGUE, WHAT COULD BE REASON AND WHAT TREATMENT I HAVE TO UNDERGO. PLEASE ADVICE
I have teeth pain for over nearly 20 days. I use dolonex rapid 20mg but no result. What should I do?
I found a dark reddish mole in my left side interior to my mouth while I was brushing. I was afraid that it could be oral melanoma but similar to mouth blister please help me recognize the problem.
Dear doctor. I have a 3 years old kid (boy) he have a tooth decay problem .all of the teeth is damage and crown of all the teeth had finished and remain teeth become black. Many doctor told me permanent teeth will damage if I will not treat my kid teeth and doctor suggest me treatment through anesthesia but I am very afraid and worry about my kid please suggest me the genuine guidance which is suitable to my child.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.
Clean the surface of your tongue daily by using a professional tongue cleaner as they remove bacteria which contribute to bad breath (halitosis).