You have to adjust insulin doses after consulting diabetologist and switch over to other oral drugs since it is not working
1. Do regular aerobic exercise for 1 hour daily (brisk walking, jogging, running, swimming, cycling etc)
2. Reduce weight if overweight
a) avoid sweets, sugar/honey, milk, milk product excess calorie and carbohydrate rich diet like white bread, cereal, rice, pasta
b) avoid all refined food like maida, pasta, starchy food like rice, potato, bakery item, processed food,
c) include more fiber like pulse, green leafy vegetable, cucumber, carrot, tomato, j legume.
D) avoid sweetened fruit like banana, mango, litchi, chickoo, sapota, seethaphal jack fruit, grape etc. Can have fruits like guava, pineapple, papaya, orange, mousambi, strawberry, watermelon, pomegranate, jack fruit, sweet potato, a handful of walnut daily (akhrot)
e) avoid white/polished rice, take unpolished rice like brown rice/wheat/jowar/ragi, moong and chana dal.
F) avoid ghee/ butter./coconut oil/excess salt intake like papad/pickle.
G) avoid red meat. Take fish/chicken. H) avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks like soft drink
4. Adhere to a strict diabetic diet by consulting dietitian
5. Monitor your fasting, pp blood sugar 3 monthly and hba1c six monthly
6. Consult diabetologist for advice and treatment.