- Avoid cold fluids, have more of warm fluids water, tea, coffee & soup
- do steam inhalation twice a day
- avoid exposure to cold weather, dust & smoke
- take tablet levocetrizine, 10 mg, 1 tablet daily at bedtime
- take syrup Chericof, 2 teaspoonful three times a day
- mix 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of warm milk & have it twice a day
- if not much improvement then do investigations, consult a doctor.
Dear, Dry cough can be a sign of bronchitis or heart disease decompensation.
Kindly first contact the cardiologist to clear the diagnosis and then only medication can be suggested.
Wishing good health.
Not to worry madam but first stop the cough syrup you have to take the medicine tablet moxikind cv 625 my 1 tablet 2 times a day tablet febrex plus 1 tablet 2 times a day syrup brozeet 1 teaspoon 3 times a day tablet montair lc 1 tablet 1 a day tablet r ppi 20 my 1 tablet 1 a day and flomist nasal spray to spray in the nose 3 times a day please check pefr on breathometer at asthma clinic.
Cough could be due to acid reflux.
take hot saline gargles atleast 5 - 6 times a day, it will help to clear the throat .
steam inhalation also helps to clear respiratory passages.
sprinkling eucalyptus oil on the clothes and pillows while sleeping will help.
elevating the upper body and head by propping up with 2 - 3 pillows at night will help to relieve post nasal drip which worsens dry cough.
hot soup infused with ginger, tulsi, pepper should be taken.
avoid cold food. Eat fresh homemade steaming hot food. take lots of fluids - water, soups, dal ka paani
take some proton pump inhibitors and antacid syrup.