Rock salt, also known as black salt, is packed with health benefits. From general health to skin and hair problems, this unprocessed and also the purest salt form is an ingredient used in many Ayurvedic medicines. Many people prefer rock salt over common salt for its nutritional significance. It is a rich source of minerals and trace elements such as copper, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, to name a few. The following health advantages of rock salt makes it a must have ingredient in your diet.
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
Believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
There are many ways to gain weight but the best way is to eat healthy foods. To help you out, listing out the healthy foods to gain weight.
1. Lean red meat: it is loaded with proteins and iron and aids in quick weight gain. Choose rib-eye, t-bone, new-york strip and beef tenderloin. These varieties should be taken with a healthy diet for a healthy body.
2. Peanut butter: it is loaded with proteins and fats; hence they are great for weight gain. A tablespoon of peanut butter contains 100 calories and it contains various essential nutrients like magnesium, vitamin e, b3 and folate. While purchasing a bottle of peanut butter, opt for one that doesn’t have added sugar.
3. Whole fat milk: opt for whole fat milk instead of skim milk. It is loaded with vitamin d and a, it has only 60 calories more than skim milk. This will help you gain weight faster.
4. Avocados: they are the best way to gain weight since they are high in heart-healthy fats and calories. They also have potassium, vitamin b, e and folic acid.
5. Potatoes: potatoes contain carbohydrates that help in gaining weight. They are rich in protein, fiber and vitamin c. Consume potatoes with skin since half of the proteins lies in the peel.
6. Whole wheat bread: whole wheat breads are packed with fiber and minerals. They will help you stay full for longer periods of time and will provide you sufficient energy.
7. Butter: it is loaded with fats and it is best for long term weight gain. But it should be consumed in moderation since regular consumption increases the risk of heart disease.
8. Cheese: it contains high amounts of protein and fats. It also has calories, calcium and cholesterol. Hence, consume cheese to gain weight quickly.
9. Banana: it contains 105 calories and is packed with carbohydrates. They provide you instant energy and are best to gain weight.
10. Chicken: a 100 g of chicken has 25 g of protein. People who consume chicken for a month will gain weight.
Lychee prevents various health conditions:
1. Cancer: flavones, quercitin and kaempferol present in lychee prevents the formation of cancer cells.
2. Heart disease: lychee has antioxidant vitamin c which lowers the blood pressure. Since it is rich in fiber content, it prevents the formation of fat; this in turn will promote cardiovascular health. Consumption of this fruit will result in the increase of good cholesterol and decrease of bad cholesterol. This will reduce the chances of heart attack, stroke and hypertension. Potassium present in this fruit is also great for the heart.
3. Digestion and bowel movements:
Lychee contains pectin and dietary fiber which are important for healthy bowel movement. Water content in this fruit also helps in preventing constipation. Healthy bowel movements are necessary to rule out diseases like pile and colon cancer.
4. Bones: lychee contains a wide range of nutrients including phosphorus, manganese, zinc, copper and magnesium, which strengthen bones. It boosts the effectiveness of vitamin d, which in turn increases the absorption of calcium. This is necessary to maintain strong bones.
5. Stress: lychee is rich in potassium which helps in maintaining the blood pressure normal. It is recommended to people having high blood pressure since it has less sodium.
6. Immunity: vitamin c is lost in the form of body sweat, stool and urine. A 100 g of this fruit contains 71.5 mg of vitamin c. Hence, this fruit is a good source of antioxidant which supports the immune system. Lychee is great to rule out cough, cold and flu.
7. Blood circulation: lychee is rich in oligonol which improves blood circulation by relaxing blood vessels. Oligonol reduces platelet aggregation which regulates blood circulation.
8. Anemia: this fruit is packed with minerals like iron, folate, copper, manganese and magnesium, which play an important role in the production of red blood cells. Also this fruit contains vitamin c which helps the body in absorption of iron.
9. Free radicals: this fruit contains vitamin c which is used to fight free radicals that cause acne, pimple and blemishes. Antioxidants present in lychee keeps the skin glowing.