Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip-smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
1. Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
2. Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
3. Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
4. Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
5. Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.