When it comes to losing weight, everyone stresses about eating right and exercising, but there’s one thing we often forget and that is drinking right. So, drinks such as carbonated drinks and alcohol can add to your weight while others can help you get slimmer. Some of the best drinks that can help you burn calories include:
We all believe that consuming fruit is an uncomplicated task that involves buying, cutting and eating the pieces. But in reality, to receive the benefits, you need to consume it at the right time. By consuming fruits at the right time, it can contribute to boost the detoxification process and help in weight loss and kick-start the metabolism process.
When is the best time to eat fruits?
Fruits comprise of different types of nutrients which offer protection against different types of diseases and infections, lower the chances of heart diseases and hypertension. If you eat fruits without proper knowledge of how to consume it, it can create problems rather than offer benefits. You should, therefore, try to eat fruits at the following timings.
Empty stomach in the morning.
Experts always recommend consumption of fruits on an empty stomach and in between meals. This is because digestion takes place at a fast pace during these times and the enzymes required for digestion of fruits are released easily when you are on an empty stomach. Fruits are high in simple sugars which need long hours to be completely digested by the body. Thus, if you eat fruits on an empty stomach, all the nutrients, sugar and dietary fibers are processed properly in the body. This ensures that your body gets the right quantity of nutrition from the consumption of fruits.
Before and after workout
So, it is advised to eat the fruit as a snack together with protein-packed meals which can aid in digestion. This is also beneficial as smaller amounts of sugar gets absorbed at a time which leads to the meagre amount of rising in blood sugar levels.
With these few factors in mind, you can get the most out of your daily fruits consumption.
Beautiful skin is something that everyone desires. But, the skin can look beautiful only if it is healthy. Having healthy skin is very essential. You cannot have healthy skin by only using artificial products and pampering yourself with parlour services. You must also eat right.
The following are nine foods that can help improve your skin health-
1. Green Tea- Green tea is known to be very rich in antioxidants. It can help you to tackle the problem of inflammation and also protect your skin from skin cancer. Green tea can improve blood flow, make your skin smooth and can also protect your skin from U V rays.
2. Eggs- Egg Yolk protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays since it contains carotenoid lutein. Eggs also contain sulfur, which helps to make your skin glow and keep your skin healthy. Eggs are also high in protein and hence help to maintain the elasticity of your skin.
4. Olive oil- Using olive oil or extra virgin olive oil to cook your food can give you healthy skin. Olive oils are rich in vitamin E and thus help you to gain a healthy-looking skin from inside as well as outside.
5. Orange- Oranges and even other fruits that are orange in colour like papaya can help you to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. They are also rich in Vitamin C and can help you to obtain wrinkle-free, soft and smooth skin.
6. Dark chocolate- Dark chocolates are rich in cocoa. It helps to protect the skin from UV rays, hydrates your skin and makes it glow.
8. Yoghurt- Yogurt is also very good for your skin. It contains protein and helps reduce wrinkles.
9. Berries- Berries like strawberries, raspberries contain Vitamin C which prevents skin aging and reduces wrinkle. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Along with the above-mentioned foods, you must also increase your water intake as it will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin healthy from both inside and outside.
Acne scars are caused when a pimple or cyst is popped and broken leaving a layer of damaged skin behind. These scars are caused by the excess oil, dead skin, and bacteria blocking the skin pores causing it to swell.
Acne scars can be categorized into three types:
Causes of acne scars:
Acne and acne scars can be caused due to the following reasons:
Simple tips to prevent scarring:
Some acne scars fade with time. In the early stages, the scars might look pink as blood vessels in the damaged area of the skin provide it with nourishment. With time the collagen in the skin would fill the injured or damaged portion of the skin. In some cases, it might take up to a year for scars to fade.
Treatment of acne scars:
In extreme cases, you might need proper treatment at a hospital. Most of these treatments can be performed as an outpatient procedure. Some of them are: