Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future.
A low-carb diet limits the amount of carbohydrates you consume daily. Carbohydrates are the fibres, starches, and sugar found in vegetables, fruits, milk products and grains. These are further classified as simple natural, simple refined, complex natural and complex refined.
Refined carbohydrates are found in processed foods such as white bread, pasta, cakes and cookies, aerated drinks and soda. Common sources of natural carbohydrates include –
• Seeds and nuts
• Fruits and vegetables
• Legumes – peas, beans, lentils
A diet low in carbohydrates can help you lose weight and improve your metabolism. You might want to switch to a low-carb diet if you are aiming for weight loss or are looking to change your eating habits.
Health Risks of a Low-carb Diet
On one hand, a low-carb diet has been shown to keep away metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance. However, there are a few risks associated with this diet. Studies reveal that reducing the intake of carbohydrates drastically may have the following side effects –
• Skin Rashes
Health Risks of a Low-carb Diet
Certain types of diet limit the consumption of carbohydrates so much that it leads to gastrointestinal disorders – acid reflux, dyspepsia and others – as well as bone problems. Moreover, you miss out on the essential nutrients that your body requires to function. Not getting enough of these nutrients can result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies.
Restricting carbohydrate intake to 20gms a day may lead to ketosis. Ketosis refers to a condition where your body does not get adequate glucose (sugar) to transform into energy. So, your body breaks down the stored fats and causes ketones to build up, triggering symptoms like nausea, headache, and mental/physical weakness.
If you are looking to cut back on your daily carbs intake, you should get in touch with a nutritionist/dietician first. He can prepare a diet chart for you while keeping in mind your overall health requirements.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata Dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
1. Massage therapy - Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
2. Hot & Cold Compress - Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
3. Fenugreek - Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains. Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
4. Turmeric - Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
5. Apple cider vinegar - Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has an alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
6. Healthy diet - A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Age is really nothing but a number. The best thing about age is to embrace it. However, not everybody can jovially accept the bodily changes that come with age, especially the wrinkles, the sagging skin and the not-so-wanted curves of the face. So are you tired of using a hundred different age-renewal creams?
Tired of the false promises from brands claiming their products would turn back time? Tired of putting heavy makeup to hide those wrinkles? Guess what? There is a long-term solution to these problems. Consult an awesome cosmetic surgeon and get a facelift. Since this is a life-changing decision, you must know about the different types of facelifts to give you a proper idea about the whole thing before you contact a surgeon.
A surgical procedure that involves minimizing the various signs of ageing around the face and neck area is called a facelift, also known as rhytidectomy. There are numerous types of facelift surgeries, a few common ones are discussed below-
However, the most important part is to contact a certified cosmetic surgeon because as already discussed, this is a life-changing decision, and one wrong move can cost you a lot.
Hair fall definitely affects a person’s esthetics, but it is a bigger issue than what just meets the eye. Hair fall, especially in men, can lead to baldness and when it occurs in the younger years, it affects their overall personality and self-esteem. Hair loss is usually associated with old age and this gives them an appearance much older than they actually are. This can even lead to depression and personality changes.
There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
In addition to these products, Ayurveda has other ways to control hair fall.
The next time you are worried about hair fall, try these options and see the difference.