Duolin Forte Rotacap, is a short acting adrenergic receptor against used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – COPD and asthma. The medication is also used for constriction of airways, lungs inflammation and other related conditions.
It is helpful in treatment or prevention of bronchospasm in adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older with reversible obstructive airway disease. This works by relaxing smooth muscles in the bronchial tubes and thus helps in shortening or reversing an acute attack of shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing.
Duolin Forte Rotacap, can be used only after informing your doctor about all the medications that you are under currently. Duolin Forte Rotacap, has some commonly reported side effects like hypokalemia, tremors especially of hands, diarrhoea, tiredness and or an urge to vomit.
You should inform regarding any kind of allergies that you may have, pre-existing diseases, pregnancy, any upcoming surgeries, high blood pressure, since health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. This medication has to be taken under the supervision and prescription of a doctor only.
Duolin Forte Rotacap, comes in an inhaler format, to be given only to patients above 4 years of age. The medication can be given orally by nebulization, starting from twice to six times a day depending on the condition.
Symptoms of Duolin Forte Rotacap overdose include tachycardia, tremor, hypertension, angina and seizures. Hypokalemia also may occur. Cardiac arrest and death may be associated with abuse of beta-agonist bronchodilators.
Treatment includes immediate discontinuation and symptomatic and supportive therapies. Cautious use of beta-adrenergic blocking agents may be considered in severe cases.
The medicine is useful against the following conditions:
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (Copd)
Is It safe with alcohol?Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Duolin Forte Rotacap may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Duolin Forte Rotacap is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Does this affect kidney function?Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
Does this affect liver function?There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
What is the onset of action?The effect of this medicine is initiated within 10 - 17 minutes, peak effect: 1.5 hours.
How long is the duration of effect?The duration of action of this medicine is about 5-6 hours (as long as 8 hours in some patients).
Are there any overdose instructions?Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
Are there any missed dose instructions?If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
This medication can be defined as a bronchodilator that is useful for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It works as a β2 adrenergic receptor that results in an increase of cyclic AMP. Increased AMP leads to activation of protein kinase A which again prevents phosphorylation of myosin. Hence, this leads to smooth muscle relaxation.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Medicine
- Decreased effect: Beta-blockers (particularly nonselective agents) block the effect of levalbuterol. Digoxin levels may be decreased.
- Increased effect/toxicity: May add to effects of medications which deplete potassium (eg, loop or thiazide diuretics). Cardiac effects may be potentiated in patients receiving MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, sympathomimetics (eg, amphetamine, dobutamine), inhaled anesthetics (eg, enflurane).
Interaction with Disease
- May provoke paradoxical bronchospasm (similar to other bronchodilators).
- Immediate hypersensitivity reactions have occurred, including angioedema, oropharyngeal edema, urticaria, rash, and anaphylaxis.
- Use with caution in patients with cardiovascular disease, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and a history of arrhythmias (may increase heart rate, blood pressure or other symptoms, including EKG changes).
- Do not use doses higher than recommended - fatalities have been associated with excessive use of other sympathomimetics.
- The need to use bronchodilators more frequently than usual should prompt an evaluation of the need for additional anti-inflammatory medication.
- Additional anti-inflammatory medication (such as corticosteroids) may be required to control asthma.
- Use with caution in diabetic patients and in patients with hypokalemia.
- Use with caution during labor and delivery.
- Safety and efficacy in patients <12 years of age not established.
Ques: What is Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: What are the uses of Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: What are the Side Effects of Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: What are the instructions for storage and disposal Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: What is the onset of action of Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: What is the duration of the effect of Duolin Forte Rotacap?
Ques: Where is Duolin Forte Rotacap approved?
Ques: Is Duolin Forte Rotacap safe for usage in paediatrics?
Ques: Is Duolin Forte Rotacap safe for usage in geriatrics?
Ques: Should Duolin Forte Rotacap be taken with a meal or without a meal?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.