All throughout our lives, we are likely to make mistakes, hurt people. Our actions and things we say in anger can bring much suffering to others. Much of this happens accidentally. Despite that, it is important to make amends (compensate or make up for wrongdoing). And making it up to the person you wronged starts with an apology. A true and heartfelt apology can fix barriers and repair hurt relationships.
What is an Apology?
An apology is an act that shows you are repentant of your words or actions. Through it, you show someone that you regret having hurt him or her. An apology can restore a person’s faith or love in you.
Why should you apologize?
Here are a few reasons why you should apologize -
• If your behaviour had pained or harmed someone, it will most likely end communication or conversation between you. If that person matters to you or if you care for him/her, then you will want to re-establish conversation, then an apology is the best way to do it.
• An apology shows that you acknowledge your mistake. This will help the other person forgive you.
• An apology will tell the person you wronged and have learnt from your mistake moreover will possibly not be making them again.
• When you insult someone, you rob them of their dignity. With an apology, you restore it. It will also prevent the other person from unjustly blaming herself/himself.
Are you apologizing wrong?
There are a few things you must never do when you apologize.
• People often blame others for the mistake they made and bring this up when they apologize. This will make you come across as a person looking to avoid responsibility.
• Sometimes when people apologize, they also try to explain why they did what they did. This justification does not do you any favours.
• A wrongdoer can sometimes downplay his/her actions, this only adds to the injustice that was perpetrated.
• Apologizing simply to brush an issue aside and move on is wrong.
What is the Right Way to Apologize?
When you apologize for the wrong way, you are only making things worse. So, here are a few tips for you that will make your apology come across as sincere -
• For an apology to mean something you have to truly feel that you did something terrible. The intention behind the apology should be to make amends and not simply because you need something from the person, you are apologizing to. Your apology has to be heartfelt.
• Ask the person’s permission. If she/he has stopped talking to you, don’t just barge in, request for a couple of minutes of her/his time and then gradually delve into your apology.
• State clearly that you realize your mistake.
• Then explain how you intend to make things better or right the situation.
• Tell her/him that you will never repeat the same mistake and mean it when you say it.
• Ask for her/his forgiveness.
Many people baulk at apologizing because they live under the delusion that asking for forgiveness is demeaning. It takes courage to own up that you were wrong but unless you learn to apologize and do it the right way, you will end up alienating everyone from your life.
Apologizing to a Colleague or a Boss
Just like with your loved ones, a professional apology too needs to be sincere. There are two ways to go about it. If you are well acquainted with your colleagues you can directly approach them and apologize. But if you have to say sorry to your boss or any other colleague, you should consider penning down your apology.
Should you apologize if you didn’t do anything wrong?
No, do not ever apologize when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. This is the surest way to make people take you for granted. They will tread all over you because they know you will blame yourself for their actions and they will get away with it. An apology is an art that you have to master if you want to sail smoothly throughout life.
The hands get exposed to the various irritating situation and substances each day. This peeled skin causes rough or scraggly surfaces which can lead to various infections if any bacteria enter through this cracked skin. Hence, it is equally important to take care of this skin area.
What Can Be The Cause Of It?
The most common causes which can lead to skin peeling are as follows:
Vitamins are literally translated to vita and amins, which are important ingredients for overall good health. They are required in minor quantities and are therefore part of the list of micronutrients. Vitamin H is actually a part of the vitamin B complex and is also the vitamin B7. It is known as vitamin H given the German word for Haar and Haut, which stands for hair and skin. In fact, this vitamin is most beneficial for the good health of hair and skin. Read on to know more about its functions, benefits, and sources.
Many children are born with Atrial Septal Defect, a condition which is popularly known as holes in the heart. It is a major concern for most parents, but, thankfully it can be treated very easily. None of the parents wants their child to undergo hospitalization and the resulting pain that treatments might incur. However, the good news is all kinds of heart holes do not need to be closed by surgery at all. Many a time the holes are filled over time naturally and the child only needs to be under medical observation that’s all.
In case a surgery needs to be performed, given the hole(s) in your child’s heart is medium to large sized, the surgeon makes sure that the procedure is painless. One of the commonest surgeries is one that involves the use of a catheter. Here, a catheter is attached to an umbrella-shaped device (a disk) and the apparatus is inserted through the groin region. The device is designed to reach your child’s heart and attach a disk to the hole, thereby filling it. When the process reaches completion the catheter is taken out of the body. The good thing about this surgery is that by six months natural tissues grow over the surgical site and re-operation is not required.
Open Heart Surgery
Another type of surgery that is performed to treat Atrial Septal Defect is open heart surgery. This is only carried out only when the condition is serious. In this surgery too, the child is given medications that allow him/her to sleep throughout the procedure. Using a bypass machine the surgeons opens the heart and while the surgery is on, this machine imitates the pumping of the heart. The surgeon then uses a patch like a device to seal off the hole(s). Post surgery the child is discharged from the hospital within a week. There will be some guidelines that the concerned doctor might acquaint you with pertaining to the post-treatment care of the child. He/she might prepare a diet chart for your child.
Ventricular Septal Defect
Ventricular Septal Defect is a condition where a hole develops around the wall which separates the lower chambers of the heart. In most cases, the hole closes in on its own. If the hole is medium or large sized, surgery will be performed. With surgery, your child would go back to leading a normal life. It is just that you need to take special care of his/her diet. The doctor might recommend foods that are high in calories. Make sure you follow the doctor’s advice properly and watch your child going back to bounding and playing like other children in no time.