Bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels at the surface of the white portion of the eye become swollen. Vessels may swell due to:
Too much sun exposure
Dust or other particles in the eye
Eye infections or inflammation can cause redness as well as possible itching, discharge, pain, or vision problems. Other causes of eye redness include Colds or allergies, Acute glaucoma, Corneal scratches: Injuries caused by sand, dust, or overuse of contact lenses.
Sometimes, a bright red spot, called a subconjunctival hemorrhage, will appear on the white of the eye. This often happens after straining or coughing, which causes a broken blood vessel on the surface of the eye. Most often, there is no pain and your vision is normal. It is almost never a serious problem. Because the blood leaks into the conjunctiva, which is clear, you cannot wipe or rinse the blood away. Like a bruise, the red spot will go away within a week or two.
- Try to rest your eyes if redness is due to fatigue or eye strain. No other treatment is needed.
- Wash your hands, hold clean water in your hand, keep your eyes closer to the water and dip the eyes by blinking the eyelids frequently in the held water in hand. Repeat it for 3-4 times again.
- Avoid watching T. V. Working on computer or mobile, reading or frequently keep blinking your eyes to avoid dryness. Take frequent breaks in between.
- In case there is itching, use a clean napkin or a tissue to wipe the tears and cleaning the eyelids gently.
-Wear an UV-rays protected sunglasses while you are out in sun.
Take homoeopathic medicines - Schwabe’s Belladonna 30 and Euphrasia 30 - both thrice daily for 4 days. Use Euphrasia Eye drops twice daily. Revert back thereafter.
For prevention from hair fall and whiteness of hairs follow these instructions:
* Take proper sleep of 6 - 7 hours. * Do Sarvangasan daily for 5 minutes under the supervision of yoga expert.
* Do long breathing pranayams for 10 minutes daily to destress yourself.
* Apply the Mahabhringraj hair oil of Baidyanath company 3 times in a week and massage your hair regularly for 10 minutes daily. It increase blood flow towards scalp and enhance hair growth.
• You can apply amla powder, Make the paste of amla powder with water and apply it for 15 minutes once in week in afternoon and rinse it.
•In a bowl, mix two eggs, honey and some coconut oil. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse with a mild shampoo.
Avoid use of excess hair products such as hair colours and try to use mild shampoo.
• Add protein containing items in your foods such as take a bowl of cereal daily, and a glass of milk also.