Breath Dx Syrup acts as a decongestant. The drug leads blood vessel constriction, in areas of the body like the nose, sinuses as well as the chest. Constriction of these areas helps in drainage, which consequently helps in decongestion. Thus, Breath Dx Syrup aids in the treatment of decongestion which occurs as a result of allergies, sinus problems, hay fever and flu.
The drug may be harmful for patients who have health problems related to the kidney, liver, prostrate and thyroid. Diabetics and people with heart disease should also consult their medical adviser before taking Breath Dx Syrup.
Take the drug according to the directions of your doctor. The treatment course should not be stopped midway without the advice of your medical practitioner. The side effects of Breath Dx Syrup may worsen in this case.
Each dose should be accompanied with a glass of water. Also when it comes to storage, ensure the drug is kept in a clean place, where it does not come in direct contact with heat and moisture.
Some side effects that may occur during Breath Dx Syrup treatment are gastric issues, nausea and vomiting, headaches, anxiety, tremors and nervousness. The intake of caffeine is known to worsen the side effects of Breath Dx Syrup.
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained.
Epilepsy is a central nervous system disorder (neurological disorder) in which nerve cell activity in the brain becomes disrupted, causing seizures or periods of unusual behavior, sensations and sometimes loss of consciousness.
Seizure symptoms can vary widely. Some people with epilepsy simply stare blankly for a few seconds during a seizure, while others repeatedly twitch their arms or legs.
Causes-epilepsy has no identifiable cause in about half of those with the condition. In the other, the condition may be traced to various factors.
Symptoms--because epilepsy is caused by abnormal activity in brain cells, seizures can affect any process your brain coordinates. Seizure signs and symptoms may include:
Symptoms vary depending on the type of seizure. In most cases, a person with epilepsy will tend to have the same type of seizure each time, so the symptoms will be similar from episode to episode.
Doctors generally classify seizures as either focal or generalized, based on how the abnormal brain activity begins.
Seizures that appear to involve all areas of the brain are called generalized seizures. Six types of generalized seizures exist.
Risk factors - certain factors may increase your risk of epilepsy.
Having a seizure at certain times can lead to circumstances that are dangerous to yourself or others.
Well selected homoeopathic remedies are effective for controlling and curing epilepsy safely without any side effects.
Pregnancy should not be considered a nine month journey, but a year long journey. Knowing that the first few weeks of pregnancy are the most vital to the development of the baby, a mother should be healthy and avoid any harmful activities and substances near the time of conception. The future health of a baby is decided even before conception. The baby'shealth depends on your preconception health. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy. Following these simple guidelines can help you prepare for pregnancy.
First lets talk about the healthy habits that should be followed:·
1. Exercise – Start exercising now. You have to decide dependingupon your present weight whether you want to lose weight, gain weight,build muscle, or improve lung capacity. Some good exercise options include walking, swimming, bicycling, and aerobics. Yoga is an excellent choice for exercise because it incorporates posture,breathing, and concentration techniques which will be beneficial for youduring labor.
2. Read – Get yourself educated and prepared by reading books on pregnancy and child birth.
3. Track your menstrual cycle – This is very important. Your doctor will ask you about your menstrual cycle, so you need to be prepared. Keeping track of your cycle will also help you track your ovulation and increase your chance of pregnancy.
4. Practice relaxation techniques – Relaxation can help minimize stress. Try yoga,meditation, or listening to soft relaxing music in a warm bath.
5. Get lots of sleep – Eight hours of sleep is recommended if you are trying to become pregnant. Adequate amounts of sleep can also help relieve stress and tension.
6. Eat healthy – Nutrition is vital to your health. The healthier you are the easier the pregnancy will be for you. Make sure that you are getting lots of vitamins in your diet, and start taking folic acid now. Studies have shown that folic acid (300-400mcg a day) can help reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken before conception. Just make sure to tell your health care provider about any supplements you are taking.
7. Up-to-DateVaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination againstrubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap ofat least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.·
8. Optimize your Medical Condition- If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medicalcondition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure andsugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug mayneed modifications.·
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts andcousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mentalretardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist todetermine which problems to look for and how to prevent it. ·
10. Visit your Doctor - Carry a record of your medical conditions, family history and achecklist of your queries. Get tested for Blood Group, Thalassemia, HIV,Thyroid Levels, and Blood Sugars.
Now lets see the habits that are harmful and should be completely avoided:
1. Smoking can cause low-birth weight babies, preterm deliveries, and 10% of all infant deaths. So quit smoking.
2. Drinking Alcohol – There is no safe amount of alcohol to consume while you are pregnant. Recreational drug use during periconception period can increase the chance of miscarriage, low birth-weight, premature births, developmental delays, and behavioral and learning problems.
3. Prescription Drugs – There are many prescription drugs that are teratogenic (cause birth defects). Talk with your healthcare provider about any and all prescription drugs you are taking.
4. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home that could be potentially teratogenic. For example, most studies show that the greatest risk of exposure to pesticides is during the first three to eight weeks of the first trimester when the neural tube( that gives rise to future brain and spinal cord development is occurring.) This is often before a woman knows she is pregnant.
5. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats Stress – Stress has been linked to delayed or missed periods which can cause difficulty tracking ovulation and getting pregnant.
6. Limit your amount of stress as much as possible. You may find it helpful to employ relaxation techniques or yoga to help moderate your stress level. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
7. Herbs – Most herbs and herbal remedies are not mandated by the FDA, and therefore,there is little to no research on the effect they have on pregnancy. Discuss any herbal or natural remedies you may be using with your healthcare provider.
8. Caffeine – Few studies have shown that there may be an increase in miscarriages among women who consume more than 200 mg (one 12oz cup of coffee) a day versus those who do not consume any caffeine.
At the end if you follow the above guidelines you can have relatively trouble free pregnancy and a healthy baby that every pregnant woman aspires for.
There are a variety of aspects of skin care that have to do with elements and habits that are outside the products and treatments one may use in order to get youthful looking skin and retain its natural glow. Here is a list of five mistakes that may be aging your face despite the best efforts in terms of skin care. Banish these habits today to ensure that you do not end up with wrinkles and fine lines prematurely.
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is considered when a man can't 'last' for longer than five minutes. It is the release or ejaculation of semen sooner than he would like during a sexual encounter with his partner. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors.
If the condition has become a cause of worry for you, then these tips can come to your rescue: