Cough could be due to acid reflux.
take hot saline gargles atleast 5 - 6 times a day, it will help to clear the throat .
steam inhalation also helps to clear respiratory passages.
sprinkling eucalyptus oil on the clothes and pillows while sleeping will help.
elevating the upper body and head by propping up with 2 - 3 pillows at night will help to relieve post nasal drip which worsens dry cough.
hot soup infused with ginger, tulsi, pepper should be taken.
avoid cold food. Eat fresh homemade steaming hot food. take lots of fluids - water, soups, dal ka paani
take some proton pump inhibitors and antacid syrup.
1. Do steam inhalation by steam inhaler 2-3 times daily with karvol plus inhalant capsule
2. Put otrivin nasal drop 1 drop thrice daily.
3. Take one tablet of levocetrizine (5mg) at bed time.
4. Drink lukewarm water/hot soup/herbal tea etc
5. If you have recurrent attack of cold you may be having sinusitis/allergic rhinitis
6. Take plain xray pns/ct scan of pns after consulting ent specialist to exclude sinusitis and take treatment accordingly
7. If sinusitis is excluded, it I could be due to allergic rhinitis, do an allergy test after consulting allergy specialist/immunologist to find out the cause of allergy and follow the treatment and advice accordingly.
MBBS, M.S Obstetrics & Gynaecology, F.MAS FELLOWSHIP IN MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY, D. MAS Dipolma in MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY, FICRS, Fellowship in COSMETIC GYNAECOLOGY, Diploma in advanced Laparoscopy for Urogynaecology & Gynaec oncology, Basic training course in minimal invasive surgery in Gynaecology, Basics of Colposcopy, Fellowship in Cosmetic Gynaecology, Certificate course in diagnostic ultrasound imaging, Certificate of hands on training in hysteroscopy, Certificate course in diabetes, Fellowship in assisted reproductive technology, Certificate program in aesthetic Medicine, Certificate of operative Hysteroscopy, Certificate course in clinical embryology
Yes. You can. This is safe. However prefer warm water for drinking and try to use it for shorter duration of time.
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, M. Ch. (Peadiatric Surgery), Diploma in Hospital Administration, Fellowship of Association of Surgeons of India
You can. The point is why would you want to give medicine for cold. Cold is a viral infection which will go away on it’s own. Allow your child’s immunity to fight it. It will improve her resistance to such common infections. Use medication only if she is in genuine discomfort or developed a fever.