Acimol Forte Tablet is prescribed for people with painful rheumatic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. This active constituent of this medication belongs to the class of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs).
Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet works by blocking the effect of cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes which make chemical prostaglandins at sites of injury or damage, causing pain, swelling and inflammation.
Acimol Forte medication eases pain and reduces inflammation. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet. Also, children are advised not to consume this medication.
You should not be taking Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet if –
- You are allergic to this medication or other anti-inflammatory painkillers.
- You ever had a problem with stomach or duodenal bleeding, such as an ulcer.
- You have a heart condition, impaired kidney or liver function.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have high blood pressure or blood clotting problems.
Being a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, this medication helps in relieving pain. Prostaglandins are responsible for pain, inflammation, swelling and fever. Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet inhibits the action of cyclooxygenase in the brain which is involved in the production of prostaglandins.Also Read: Saridon Tablet Dosage
How long is the duration of effect?Acimol Forte Tablet is excreted in urine and the effect lasts for a duration of 12 to 16 hours.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 1.5 to 3 hours after oral administration.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Acimol Forte Tab is not recommended for pregnant women.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Acimol Forte is not recommended for breastfeeding women.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consult your doctor before consuming this alcohol.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?It is not safe to drive while taking medicine if it has the tendency to make you feel sleepy, disoriented or unclear in your thinking.
Does this affect kidney function?Acimol Forte Tab is not recommended if you have chronic conditions of the kidney. You should consult a specialist to find out whether you should continue medication if you have been diagnosed with a kidney disorder.
Does this affect liver function?If you have liver disease, you are advised to use this medicine with caution. You may not be able to take the dose recommended for the average user, and if you have very intense liver disease or are currently diseased, you cannot use this.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?The missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember. However, the missed dose should be skipped if it is almost time for your next dose.
Are there any overdose instructions?Consult your doctor in case of overdose.
Acimol Forte Tablet is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that helps relieve pain. This drug is composed of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Serratiopeptidase. Aceclofenac inhibits the action of cyclooxygenase in the brain which is involved in the production of prostaglandins. Paracetamol is a pain relief medication that selectively inhibits enzyme function in the brain which allows it to treat pain and fever. It activates certain receptors in the brain that inhibit pain signals. Serratiopeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme that is extracted from a silkworm. It acts as an anti-inflammatory pain reliever. It facilitates the breakdown of proteins and reduces the formation of mucous and relieves inflammation.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Lab Test
Interaction with Medicine
- Lithium- This combination is not recommended due to the risk of an increase in the lithium levels which may lead to adverse effects. Consider taking alternative medicine after consulting your doctor.
- Digoxin- This combination is not recommended as it increases the Digoxin levels in the body. It, in turn, leads to an increase in Digoxin's effects on the heart. Consider taking alternative medicine after consulting your doctor.
- Corticosteroids- Use with caution as this combination will increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding. Inform the doctor if you are taking either of the medicines. Consider taking alternative medicine after consulting your doctor.
- Antihypertensives- If you are taking Antihypertensives with this medication, the medication you are at increased risk of kidney damage. This interaction is more likely to happen in the elderly population. Regular monitoring of kidney function is necessary. Advised to maintain adequate hydration and food intake.
Interaction with Food
Interaction with Disease
- Asthma- This medication should not be taken if you have NSAID-sensitive asthma. Any such history should be reported to the doctor so that appropriate substitution can be done.
- Gastrointestinal Toxicity- This medication and other NSAIDs should be taken after consulting a doctor especially if the intended duration is longer than a month. Any symptom indicating ulceration and bleeding like chronic indigestion, the appearance of coffee colored dry blood in stools or vomiting of blood should be reported immediately.
- Impaired Kidney Function- This medication should be taken after consulting a doctor if you are suffering from a kidney disease. Suitable adjustment in dosage and monitoring of kidney functions is required in such situations.
Ques: What is Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: What is the use of Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: what are the side effects of Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: How long do I need to use Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: Should I use Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the contra-indications to Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet?
Ques: Is Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet safe to use when pregnant?
Ques: Will Acimol Forte 100 Mg/325 Mg/15 Mg Tablet be more effective if taken in more than recommended dose?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.