Acamprol 333mg Tablet is used with proper counseling for people dealing with alcoholism. It helps reduce alcohol dependency of people. It works by repairing the chemical balance in the brain. It is advised to not use this medication while still drinking alcohol.
Possible side effects of this medicine include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, gas, and stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, fatigue, weight gain or loss, muscle pain, joint pain, change in sexual desire or decreased sexual activity. If you observe any of these side effects, it is recommended to consult your doctor or health care provider before using this medicine. Inform your doctor or health care professional if you observe severe side effects such as stomach pain, black stool, vomit that appears as coffee grounds and seizures. If these side effects worsen, seek medical help right away. This medicine also has few allergic reactions such as rash, itching, swelling of throat, face or lips, dizziness and trouble in breathing. Therefore, it is best to contact your doctor before using this medicine.
Before taking this medication, consult your doctor if you are allergic to it or the ingredients present in them. Also, inform your doctor if you are taking any prescription medicine or non-prescription medicine and medical problems such as kidney disease. It is recommended to not use this medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Addiction is a brain ailment that is characterized by irrational engagement in satisfying stimuli despite of argumentative circumstances. Addiction is an ailment where the brain's Reward system malfunctions and only responds to persistently greater level of addictive stimulus like morphine, cocaine, etc.
There are many varieties of addiction like alcoholism, gambling, sexual intercourse, etc. These force a person to isolate himself from the entire society and indulge in his or her addictions. If they are not supplied with the drugs they may react violently and may even die.
Drug treatment is a type of treatment which is intended to aid the abused users stop the uncontrollable usage of drugs and protect them from the adverse effects of it. This treatment has a variety of forms and takes a lot of time as the drug abuse is a chronic disorder and cannot be treated in a short term. Below mentioned are some of the ways by which you can fight back addiction effectively.
• For individuals who are addicted to drugs such as opium and nicotine (Tobacco) are treated with drugs such as methadone, naltrexone for opium addicted individuals and with varenicline and bupropion for tobacco addicted people.
• For individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol Disulfiram and acamprosate are the best medications that are available.
• Many individuals are addicted to the prescribed drugs and their treatment is the same as that of drug abuse that affects the brain. Like the medicine buprenorphine, can be used to treat both heroin obsession and addiction to medications for opium pain treatment.
Behavioral treatments may help people to take part in drug abuse therapies and teach ways to cope up with drugs and help them to against relapse if it occurs.
• Group therapies are the latest form of treatment that is advised to the addicted individuals. Group therapies provide the individual social support and help in enforcing behavioral incidents that will help the lead a non-drug-using lifestyle.
• Lastly individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol or drug abuse or any kind of addictions suffer from depression and also face social, legal and family problems.