Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Margao and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sielda GomesYour feedback matters!
A tiny drop of fevi kwik has gone in my eye and in the side upper portion of the eye it is itching like some small stone has gone. What to do ? Suggest something ?
Is there any treatment in ayurved to rectify eye squint caused after surgery followed by an injury. Eye do not move upward also.
A mosquito went in my eyes two days ago, I didn't have any mirror at that time so I couldn't get it out. Now it doesn't on eye but I can feel its prick pain inside eye. How can I get that out?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.
I am having headache. Water comes out of my eye. I am suffering very much. What to do in these situation?
I am suffering from glucoma and corona distrophy taking combigain and trvatan but my vision is not clear.
My wife is having Keratoconus and she is supposed to get it treated. Currently we are in US and planning to visit Hyderabad, India in Jan 2017. How long does it take to get her eye treated with Collagen and cross linking and get her fitted with sclera lens for it. Can you also please let us know the cost for the total treatment and lens required.
Hi. Am student of computer science I have to sit for many hours. My eyes starts itching and sometimes I do get the headache. I thought it may be for migraine and took the prescribed medicine. But the problem still continues. What should I do.
I have problem with my eyes, generally I did't use specs but after wearing specs also sometimes I am unable to judge the objects while driving.
My husband aged 33 having headache on &off since 4.5 yrs. During headache, used to take migranil or vasograin. Sometimes pain subsides and at times it won't. But now days not taking any medicines. Usually his headache starts in Saturdays and Sundays. Provoked by sunlight, reading in dim light, any cool drinks, mental or physical exertion. Headache is mild and subsides within few hours at times but mostly it may last for two days disturbing routine, sometimes pain severe too. Getting frequent episodes in summer even in midweek too. Pain felt in right side of head in forehead radiates to occipital felt in eyes also. Tenderness seen behind ears. Few occasion has nausea, no associated giddiness vomiting blurred vision. His mother had headaches in her younger age. We have neither consulted any Dr. nor taken any investigations for this. Now I'm worried if it could be anything serious. Please help.
I have always pain in my eyes and due to it always having headache and also I am lo use to b hungry cause I am unable to eat proper diet.
Sir, I am 19 years old, from the last two months, I can't shut my eyes properly. When I close my eyes I feel pain in my eyes. So what should I do? and what are the precautions?
My eyes are weak I can't see things of far away clearly. But I don't want to use specs I want them cure naturally. Is it possible?
Sir, I am having dryness problem with my eyes while wearing contact lenses. Currently I am using Bausch & Lomb H04 (power -15 both). Which type of CLs are preferred for me? Thank you sir.
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).