Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Madgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj JoshiYour feedback matters!
I have yellow teeth. I brush 2times a day by colgate but couldn't see any difference what shall I do?
My left hand wrist pains when I use it for lifting or something. Just giving some pressure to it makes pain. What to do?
I have a fever from long time& not a effect of medicine so please advise me what should I do sir ji?
I am 28 yrs female. My periods never follow general cycle but they hav been regular fr a few month. Nw I was due on 22 sept but nt hav been down as yet. I have a trip n I either want to get done with my periods this week or want them after 2weeks. What to do.
I am 22 year male and I have suffer from hair fall. I loss my lots of hair per day. What should I do?
I have proper erection but I discharge very quickly within few seconds kindly tell me the solution to my problem?
I am not confident about my career and I am changing jobs since 2013 frequently. I believe astrology my field of interest is driving. But astrologers says that if you take driving you will die. So how to set my career?
‘Smoking is injurious to health’, is a caption that is flashed on all cigarette packets. However, what is not told about is their adverse effects on the mouth. The mouth with the lips, teeth, and gums are not just the first points of contact for a cigarette but also one of the majorly affected parts.
Listed below are how smoking affects the teeth and the mouth at large.
Bad breath (halitosis)
Tooth discoloration (brown to black spotting)
Tobacco deposits on the teeth leading to irritation of the gums
Increased formation of plaque and tartar on the teeth, leading to significant gum disease
Gum disease leads to tooth loss
Increased jaw bone loss
Lower success rate of dental implant procedures
Delayed healing after any oral procedure including extraction, periodontal treatment, or oral surgery
Increased risk of leukoplakia, white patches inside the mouth, which is a precursor to oral cancer
Increased risk of developing oral cancer
Reduces blood flow to the gums, thereby affecting healing
The tiny tobacco deposits sit on the tooth surface and with time, produce brownish stains. These are a constant source of irritation for the gums, causing gum disease. Unlike the regular plaque caused by food, this is much harder and more abrasive on the gums. This leads to damage of the periodontal tissue, which are connecting fibers between the teeth and the gums. This leads to gradual tooth mobility and eventually loss.
Correlation: If you are a smoker,
You are at risk for gum disease twice compared to a nonsmoker.
More cigarettes you smoke, greater the risk for gum disease.
More number of years you smoke, greater the risk for gum disease.
Poor response to regular treatment for gum disease.
Management: The gum disease can eventually lead to tooth loss. Therefore, the gums need to be protected at all cost to maintain oral health. Some things to do are listed below, starting from the seemingly innocuous to the severe infections.
Regular cleanings at your dentist's office once in 6 months
Daily brushing and flossing to manage early gum disease
Deep cleaning below the gum line and prescription mouth rinses if there is already existing gum inflammation
Surgery to remove deeply seated plaque and tartar.
Surgery with bone graft to replace the bone lost to periodontitis.
Most important of all, quitting smoking. This will produce remarkable benefits when the above are followed.
However, if the above are done with continued smoking, the effects will not last long.
Cigarette smoking is one habit, which has way too many effects on way too many working’s of the body and therefore kicking the habit is the best way to manage, not just your teeth, but your overall health.
Hello sir /madam.Sir I'm suffering with skin disease on my face from 4 years. I consult doctor hear he said to me this is vitamin problem and gave some medicines I'm taking those but no result. My moustache hair grow like white colour. So, please give me your valuable advice. Thank you sir /madam.
I have suffered from dengue. Now a days I am feeling sick and my joints are paining. Which primary treatment I do?
Hi. I am 22 year female. I have pain in my right back and hand since one and half year. Pain aggravates on activities like writing, lifting weights, or any other stressful work. I got MRI scan also but there's nothing wrong. I just can't understand what the problem is. Please help me.
Sir my age is about 18 years. I have not been able to sleep since 4 days and I am having a severe headaches tried multiple.
Why in dreams I see a nude girl having sex and I ejaculate in the meantime. Is there any cure to this problem?
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.