Submit a review for Hb diagnostic centreYour feedback matters!
What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.
There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:
1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.
This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:
As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.
Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.
The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
This is a commomn problem faced elderly males which results in frequent urination, specially during nights. It disturbs sleep and make the following day difficult. Sleep deprivation reslts in lithargy and drowseyness for the whole day.
Yoga and Naturopathy bring a new ray of hope for such patients.
Lie down on a mat or on the bed. Do Kapal Bhathi for 15 Minutes. But the patient has to ensure that the stroke of Kapal Bhathi is felt on the lower abdomen. This can be achieved by a little effort or training. Repeat the process a second time in the evening.
Apply hot and cold water on the point where prostrate is situated. Take a hand shower attached to Geyser and sprinkle hot water shower for 4 minutes followed by cold water shower for 2 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Start with Hot and end also with hot. Follow this twice a day.
Eat lots of Salad and fruits. Drink less water after 7 pm. Donot drink water during night time unless very thirsty. Keep your weight under control.
My uncle got diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma 4 months back, then he underwent whipple surgery for the same on 24th of march, then nhe developed a complication in between. His chemotherapy started in AIIMS 2 weeks back with capecitabine 1500 mg twice daily for 14 days, the doctor there also advised for radiotherapy first but then when we went to take the appointment for the same doctor told us its late now for radiotherapy, so we are quite confused for the future course of action, and need some advice.
I am 74 years and I have enlarged Prostate Glands. The urine retention is28 cc. I do not have much bad symptoms such as continuous urination, repeated night time urination etc. My question is whether I can controlled with medicines as I am the other side of 70 years. Pl. Guide. doctor normally recommend Operation due to many reasons. I want your free and frank opinion.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
For neurofibroma or cysts TO whom (which type Doctor) do I consult? I have that since 14 years one in My hand another one on waist. Is there any chance of cancer from that? If yes please analysis. Thanks.
He has stomach cancer last stage. Which life style or diet or exercise or yoga should he adopt to live a comfortable life?
How to suspect one have cancer? Can CBC is helpful to understand the presence of cancer? Presence of pus cell, mucus, RBC and epithelial cells in urine/stool can be a symptoms of cancer? With bloating and pain in back near shoulder blade too.
I have bilateral axillary lymphadenopathy .In Usg the breast are normal and few axillary lymph nodes are reactive largest on the right side 2.06 cm×1.04 cm and largest on the left side is 2.05 cm×0.77 cm.I am only 22 years old and have no family history of breast cancer. Please help.
I wants to know the symptoms of cancer. And what ks the name of the test for Diagnosis of cancer and price of that test.
Dear Doctor, my aunt feels fear and she says that she can't leave for longer days ESP. When she is alone. Now she is becoming normal form breast cancer which was detected during 2 nd stage and she is treated well. How can we make her mental status normal. Is there any possibility of getting cancer again. Please provide suggestions.
My uncle is suffering from liver cancer, it's on 4th stage. Doctors are saying as there is no chance of getting cure he can't survive, and they said as there is only one possibility, ie we can expand his lifespan. Is this true. Is there any possibility then please help me out. And please help me in finding the best hospital for it to get it cure.
Homeopathy is a sub arrangement of common cures in which extraordinary elements of substances from nature are utilised to form a mending and healing solution. The various homoeopathic treatments for cancer are:
- Calcarea fluorica [Calc-f]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer is most helpful for lumps, bits or solid growths in the female breast. It will keep up the improvement of cancer and needs to be considered dependable in the situations where the breast displays suspicious bumps.
- Lapis Albus [Lap-a]: A few instances of beginning tumours of the bosoms, showing the withdrawal of the areola, and the other trademark symptoms have been cured with this medication. It is of great use by and large for goitre. Lapis is used in the treatment of the dangerous uterine cancers where the discharge is dark and dangerous. Extreme smouldering pain all through the vaginal area takes place frequently.
- Silicea. [Sil]: This homoeopathic cure will regularly lessen the pain of cancer. Lupus and sarcoma with a thick yellow and hostile release are treated with this.
- Hecla magma. [Hecla]: Osteomata (Bone Cancer), not alleged ivory tumours, but rather those of a very long-lasting nature are cured with this.
- Conium. [Con]: Cancer in the mammary glands and the start of scirrhous is cured with this. It is particularly effective in treating the wounds and scars after surgery, it caters especially to glandular wounds. The epithelioma, extended gonads or uterine cancers are treated with this solution.
- Condurango. [Cund]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer has accomplished impressive results in terms of stomach cancer and different types of carcinoma. It alters the pain of open growth and carcinogenic ulcers.
- Baryta carbonic. [Bar-c]: Greasy tumours showing up here and there over the body are cured with this solution. It prevents them from advancing further.
- Baryta iodide. [Bar-i]: Hard carcinogenic tumours of the breast are treated with this. Ovarian cancer with a painful bump is also treated by the same. Phytolacca leads to fat development, and may prove to be a culprit in greasy cancers and additionally in hard, excruciating nodes in the breast. Cancers of the breast especially when the tumours are hard, painful and purple are treated with it. It goes about as a retentive in fibroid tumours of the uterus.
- Arsenicum. [Ars]: This homoeopathic cure relates to the general problems of the cancer diathesis. However, we have different cures, which may force more control over the growth. It is said to be the right treatment for lupus. Its unique properties help in any type of tumour, be it cancerous or not. The sharp blazing and throbbing pain is also treated by this homoeopathic cure. According to the principles of homoeopathy, the patient is to be dealt with, not the illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.