Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Dermatologists online in Mangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thansiha Nargis
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Thansiha NargisYour feedback matters!
It was an great experience .
I have been facing hairfall problem recently. I have shortened my hair because of that. Now it has become rough and growing slowly. The hairfall is not that much but a moderate one. Can you please prescribe any shampoo or oil for the smoothness and anti. hairfall. Thank you sir.
I have dandruff problem. And I am also losing hair. I am try to many shampoo but no effect. Please give me a reasonable solution for dandruff.
I have deep scar on my face I have used lot of creams I did everything but no use sure I spent more than 1 lakh fr this scar could you please suggest me some treatment I'm NT expecting 100 per results at least 70 please help me in get rid of this scar.
I have got a lot of tiny blackhead like things on my face that feels rough when touched. I have tried a lot of scrubs and masks but they just don't go away. I'm not even sure if these are blackheads but my skin look really bad when observed closely. Plus, my skin is very oily and I also have black patches at the sides of my face close to the ears. Please suggest me some medicines to get rid of this. Also, I'll be very glad if you suggest me some home remedies as well.
Hi Doctor, I am 30 year women with combination skin. My nose always has small rashes which spreads like a butterfly shape to small part of face form nose. Even after scrubbing it does not reduce. Please advise how to get rid of the rash on my nose.
Sir, I am 28 years old male, pimples are coming on face & spots are not going & too much hair fall. So how I feel better,& grow my hair. Kindly refer. Thanks.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!