Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N A ShettyYour feedback matters!
Which type of food should be given to children of age 7 years to increase their eye sight as they are using mobile phones for 2 hours. Please suggest some food to maintain their vision.
I have a red eyes and feeling jealous some time, water drops comes out continued some times what should I do?
At this time I am using spectacles but I want to wear eye lens. Is it good to wear eye lens or any problem with this?
I have blurry vision in my left eye. My head also pains. Water comes from both eyes they have become small and eyes have become dry. Can eye no. Be reduced. How? Pls help.
Iam suffering from red eye problem. Please kindly suggest some medicine regarding to this problem. Thanks.
I'm 18years old male and I have pain in my eyes I do wear spectacles but still their is itching what should I do?
Is there eye floaters treatment possible? Because all best ophthalmologist In my city told that this problem has not any treatment and this eye floaters are your lifetime companion, I had done all eye checkup and required tests also, so eye pressure is high in range and remains all was good and normal. M suffering this critical problem from last 2 years. Floaters problems still same. Pls mam /sir guide me and help me, if you people can any prescription for my eye disorder, many - many thanks for your kind work.
My age - 32 yrs Wife age - 26 years (she wears glasses of 5 no.) Pls tell me good eye drop to enhance vision for me & my wife. We can't see clearly things which are far away. Pls tell ear drop to clean wax in ear.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.