Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N A ShettyYour feedback matters!
25years male. One side (right side) head pain. Having this problem from last 1month. Keep paining between eye to ear only right side and same pain in eye also. Only one side eye thts right side. What should I do and what shouldn't. When I watch movie in laptop while I sleeping I feel thts happen with this.
I was in my college attending my workshops class. We were shown how to would now my eyes are red and are burning what should I do?
I use a Google's and my lens is 2.5 but it is decreases daily by daily so what is the solution by maitness the eye lens.
Hi, I have a headache whenever I read for more than 2 hours. I used specs for reading. But never able to read for a long period of time.
Learn more to write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello. I am suffering from myopia and I am using specs with -2 power. How can I get rid of this problem.
Sir, I am suffering from my eye problem since last six months. When I watch television I face some problems in my eyes. What should I do. Please suggest.
Is it 100% safe to eye surgery for remove specs? Because my eye doctor wear specs and also advice for remove specs by laser. I am afraid of if fail what is the disadvantages? (my number is now stable)
I have rough area over my eyelids which are itchy from last 3-4 yrs. My brother has psoriasis in his legs. Is this the same. What should I do?
I had red eyes and watering eyes for last ten. Days I can't see my laptop screen gir the same time I not even concerns my own personal use.
Hi, I'm Naveen, working as a software engineer, 22 years old. I used to wear specs, (-2.75 (left eye), 3.25 (right eye) I have severe head ache only on left side (forehead, top of the head and behind the head), and also severe pain at left eye, the pain in head looks like it was in nerve from eye, the pain was occurring only at particular iming (10 am to 10.30 am), the pain persists for 1 hour, after that no pain was there. Already I have consulted eye doctor 2 days ago, they said my power on left eye has beed varied, and the cylindrical axis variation in left eye show 1.5, so they asked me to scan my eye (they written as "orl scan" or "orb scan" in scan slip given to me, I need to know, I have to go forward for this scan, or else I have to consult any other general physician or neurologist.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.