Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemanth JogiYour feedback matters!
I have eye problem since 4 days. I have also ear problem and teeth problem also So guide me which tablet I have used.
I am 27 years old male. I left smoking 2.5 years back from now after consultation with doctor (suggested as it is leukoplakia). I had a single white patch in my mouth near the lips at left side, that white patch gone but on other side other patch came and turned into light black (over all duration 2.5 years). I left spices and every tobacco habits and added healthy food and better routine. I want to know how much time will it take to become everything normal.
I'm going through chronic bad breath situation. Please help me with your informative reply to get rid of this. Thank you.
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
My saliva in mouth gets filled up while sleeping in night and flows over pillow past several years. Request you to provide every possible remedy.
I have pain in my teeth. If I eat anything cold item lile ice cream or drink cold water it is very painful. I concern with dentist he said I am suffering with sensitivity. Please refer the medicine or treatment of this. I am from Chandigarh.
I am suffering from a dental problem. A white layer is being formed on my teeth of lower jaw or I should say that a white material is getting sticked on my teeth. I don't know it is due to cavities or something else. Kindly let me know the reason behind it and some tips to get rid of it.
I am 47 seven years old male. I was using gutkha since 15 years, I left gutkha from 24. 02. 2015 completely. Now I am able to open my mouth only 1/2 inch wide. Please suggest.
Hello doc, I am an 18 year old boy and recently a gumball on the right side of my gum (After the last teeth of lower gum) appeared which is always full of pus. This gumball has been for almost a month and doesn't heal. I sometimes smoke too. So I wanted to know is there a chance of gum cancer? And how long does a gumball takes to heal naturally. Should I consult a doc or will it be gone on its own. Thank you for your time.
I am suffering from acne and mouth ulcers regularly please provide me a permanent treatment for it I have consulted many doctors.
I am getting a new molar teeth on the right upper jaw, which is still not grown completely and I am getting pain on the gum as its getting swollen. Doctor's advice was that it must be removed because it is growing in cross way. Is there any other precaution or should I go for removal of tooth.
I am having liver problem which food should I consume I earlier somked a lot but now stopped it and now I have started chewing gum though it not help much but to some extent is is very good.
My teeth are turning into dark yellow color. I don't even smoke or booze. Please help me with a good remedy.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.