Treatment of Neurological Problems
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Siddha Marma Treatment
Beauty Enhancement Procedures
Yoga During Pregnancy
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Yoni Prakshalanam Treatment
Submit a review for AayaamA Yoga and Naturopathy CentreYour feedback matters!
Yoga is the healing system par excellence. It can help all of us stay healthy without medicines and surgeries. It is also the go-to modality for spiritual and mental peace. The selection of yoga asanas for different age groups is extremely critical in yoga. How asanas are done, at what time and for how long are some of the basics that matter a lot too.
Here are a few easy-to-do asanas for three different age groups:
Before the age of seven, children should not do yoga. This is because their heart’s capacity to pump blood is limited and it may not be able to handle the heightened load during practice.
1. Virabhadrasana: This asana strengthens the muscles of the legs and makes leg and back muscles flexible. It tones the abdominal organs too. It helps children be active and fit.
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart.
- Turn your right foot out by 90 degrees.
- And turn left foot in by 15 degrees.
- Lift both arms sideways to shoulder height with your palms facing upwards.
- Now breathe out and bend your right knee.
- Turn your head to your right. Push your hips down and hold the posture.
- Breathe in while you come up.
2. Naukasana: This asana works on the muscular, digestive, circulatory, nervous and hormonal systems, and gets rid of belly fat.
- Lie down flat on a mat on your back.
- Breathe in and hold the breath.
- Raise your arms, shoulders, head and trunk off the ground.
- Balance body on buttocks and keep the spine straight.
- Keep arms in the same line as your toes with palms facing downwards.
1. Sukhasana: This asana is excellent to calm and soothe. It eliminates anxiety.
Sit with your legs stretched in front.
Bend your knees and fold your legs towards your middle.
Cross your legs and keep the arches of the foot on the thighs.
Sit with your hips in a neutral position.
2. Trikonasana: This is a very good pose for the spine and pelvis. It cures a backache and is good for digestion.
- Stand erect, inhale and step to the right with left heel turned inward.
- Exhale and reach out over your foot with your right hand, bending to the right.
- Feel the stretch.
- Raise the left hand vertically upwards.
- Turn your head to look up towards the left thumb.
Age- 35 and above
1. Vajrasana: It improves blood supply to upper torso and head and builds stamina. Excellent for digestion and can be done on a full stomach.
- Stand on your knees with the lower legs stretched backwards, with toes crossing.
- Now lower your body to sit on your heels with buttocks resting on them.
- Keep your hands on knees and head straight.
- Breathe in deep and concentrate on the breath.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and legs together.
- Place your hands underneath the back supporting it.
- Exhale and swing your knees and thighs over your torso.
- Raise your hips and abdomen to support the position.
- Straighten your legs parallel to the ground.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
गले के अगले हिस्से में स्थित थायराइड ग्रंथि को साइलेंट किलर भी कहा जाता है. ऐसा इसलिए कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसमें आने दोषों का पता समय पर नहीं चल पाता है. जाहिर है किसी भी बिमारी का समय पर इलाज न हो पाने से स्थिति खतरनाक हो जाती है. कभी-कभी तो मौत भी हो सकती है. आपको बता दें कि आकार में बेहद छोटी सी लगाने वाली ये ग्रंथि हमारे शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाती है.
थायराइड ग्रंथि के ठीक से काम न करने से हार्मोन का स्त्राव प्रभावित होता है. लेकिन यहाँ ये जानना भी बेहद महत्वपूर्ण है कि थायराइड ग्रंथि का कम या ज्यादा काम करना भी परेशानी का कारण बनता है. जीवनशैली और खान-पान में आने वाली अनियमितता ही थाइराइड की समस्या उत्पन्न करती है. इसका मतलब है कि यदि आप अपने जीवनशैली और खान-पान को लेकर सजग हो जाएँ तो इसकी संभावना काफी हद तक कम हो सकती है. इसके लिए हम आपको थायराइड का डाइट चार्ट बता देते हैं-
थायराइड पीड़ितों के लिए डाइट चार्ट-
1. आयोडीन युक्त खाना
थायराइड पीड़ितों को खाने-पीने के में आयोडीनयुक्त खाद्यपदार्थों को शामिल करना चाहिए. यानी ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थ जिसमें आयोडीन की पचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता हो. इसका कारण ये है कि आयोडीन की मात्रा ही थायराइड की क्रियाशीलता को प्रभावित करती है.
2. खाने का स्त्रोत
आयोडीन के लिए हम समुद्री जीवों या समुद्र से प्राप्त खाद्य पदार्थों का भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. मछलियों, समुद्री शैवाल और समुद्री सब्जियों में प्रचुर मात्रा में आयोडीन पाया जाता है.
3. कॉपर और आयरन
इसके अलावा कॉपर और आयरन से युक्त आहार लेना भी थायराइड में काफी लाभदायक होता है. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में वृद्धि होती है.
4. इसके स्त्रोत
कॉपर के लिए आपको काजू, बादाम और सूरजमुखी का बीज लेना चाहिए. इसमें कॉपर की प्रचुरता होती है.
5. आयरन की भूमिका
आयरन के लिए हरी और पत्तेदार सब्जियों से बेहतर विकल्प तो हो ही नहीं सकता है. विशेष रूप से पालक में आयरन की भरपूर मात्रा पायी जाती है.
6. पनीर और हरी मिर्च
थायराइड के मरीजों को पनीर और हरी मिर्च के साथ-साथ टमाटर का भी सेवन करना चाहिए. क्योंकि ये भी थायराइड गंथि के लिए बेहद फायदेमंद है.
7. विटामिन और मिनरल्स
आपको अपने डाइट चार्ट में विटामिन और मिनरल्स युक्त आहार को प्राथमिकता देनी चाहिए. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में इजाफा होता है.
8. आइस क्रीम और दही
थायराइड में कम वसायुक्त आइसक्रीम और दही का भी सेवन भी थायराइड के मरीजों के लिए काफी लाभदायक है.
9. गाय का दूध
इसके अलावा कुछ घरेलु उपाय भी अत्यंत लाभदायक है जैसे कि गाय का दूध भी इसके मरीजों को पीना चाहिए.
10. नारियल का तेल
नारियल के तेल से भी आप थायराइड ग्रंथि की सक्रियता बढ़ा सकते हैं. इसके उपयोग में आसान बात ये है कि इसका प्रयोग आप खाना बनाने के दौरान भी कर सकते हैं.
इन खाद्य-पदार्थों के इस्तेमाल से बचें -
1. थायराइड के मरीजों के डाइट चार्ट में सोया और उससे बने खाद्य-पदार्थों का कोई स्थान नहीं रहना चाहिए.
2. थायराइड के मरीजों को जंक और फास्ट फूड से भी दूर ही रहना चाहिए. क्योंकि फास्ट फ़ूड थायराइड ग्रंथि को प्रभावित करते हैं.
3. यदि परहेज करने वाली सब्जियों की बात करें तो ब्राक्कोली, गोभी जैसे खाद्य-पदार्थों से दूर ही रहना चाहिए.
कुछ अन्य उपाय
थायराइड के मरीजों को इस डाइट चार्ट का पालन करने के साथ ही कुछ और बातों का ध्यान रखना चाहिए. नियमित रूप से व्यायाम करने की आदत डाल लेनी चाहिए. इसके साथ ही किसी योग प्रशिक्षक की सलाह से योग भी करना चाहिए. क्योंकि इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता बढ़ती है. हलांकि इन सबके बावजूद किसी चिकित्सक की सलाह अवश्य लें.
- Poor lifestyle choices and stress: Late nights can give you under eye dark circles. When we sleep, our body starts to repair the wear and tear that occurs in our bodies through the day. Certain substances are released into the blood stream that our involved in building the immune system to enable our body to deal with the stress. Late nights can slow this process of repair and contribute to darkening around the eyes.
- Anaemia: Iron deficiency is the most common cause of dark circles.
- Chemicals: Chemicals such as mercury and silver can lead to increase pigmentation around eyes.
- Allergies, asthma and eczema: Any condition that leads to itching around the eyes, can lead to skin darkening.
- Heredity: Dark circles in most cases are genetically influenced and run in the family. Skin transparency around the eyes is inherited. Deep set eyes can also contribute to dark circles.
- Acute Illness: Some illness like viral hepatitis, typhoid and sinusities could contribute to dark circles.
- Age: Prominence of dark circles increases with age because of collagen loss which leads to the thinning of skin around the eyes.
Chemical peels: different type of peeling agents (lactic peel, glycolic peel, arginine peels) are in use. Resistant under eye pigmentation response to a mixture of alpha and betahydroxy acids followed by a mild retinol cream but this may cause some visible peeling of skin post treatment. Hence, it is important to apply moisturisers frequently after this peel with sunscreen.
Jet Peel Technology: In this procedure, specific technology is used to cleanse the skin with saline water under pressure through very fine nozzles (jet technology). The same technology can be used to enhance lymphatic drainage, which would help reduce the puffiness around the eyes.
Lasers: Lasers around the eyes after using protective eye shields followed by sunscreen application regularly.
PRP (Platelet-Rich-Plasma): The procedure is gaining popularity as an enhancement treatment. Your own blood is used to extract growth factors used in the treatment. The growth factors help in collagen and elastin generation, which leads to tautness of the skin and wrinkle reduction.
Skin Care and Under eye creams
Over the counter creams: Creams containing Vitamin C or K, elastin, collagen, AHAs and kinetin.
Prescription creams containing dilute glycolic acid, kojic acid, arbutin, nicotinic acid, mild low potency cortison creams.
Eye care tips:
- Drink lots of water
- Sunscreen around eyes
- Sunglasses when outdoors
A headache is the most common ailment to affect men and women. Did you know that there are over 150 different types of headaches? Each of these different types of headaches has its own symptoms, triggers and needs to be treated in a different way. In some cases, you may even require surgery. This is often recommended for severe migraines and cluster headaches.
The different types of surgeries that may be performed to treat such headaches include:
- Neurostimulation: For this procedure, a wire electrode is inserted through the skin at the back of the neck near the occipital nerve and used to provide electrical stimulation. This form of surgery is best suited to patients who have benefited positively from an occipital nerve block.
- Radiofrequency thermocoagulation: This is one the most common forms of surgical treatment for cluster headaches. For this procedure, a radiofrequency current is used to heat tissue of a certain area. By doing this, the passage for pain is obstructed and headaches are relieved. Some of the side effects of this surgery could include corneal sensory loss, severe facial dysesthesias and reactions to anesthesia. In rare cases, it could also cause a stroke, infections or motor weakness. Thankfully, these effects typically are resolved within 6 months.
- Microvascular decompression: This is an invasive procedure that is performed while the patient is under general anesthesia. It also involves a craniectomy. The aim of this procedure is to remove a vascular loop that compresses a nerve and thereby restore normal anatomy. Hospitalization is typically required for a few days after the procedure
- Gamma knife radiosurgery: This is the type of neurosurgery where the trigeminal nerve is hit by radiation. This procedure can be performed as an outpatient procedure and can be completed in a few hours. It has a very low rate of complications but the long term effects of this form of treatment are not yet clear. There may also be a high rate of relapses associated with this form of treatment.
- Septoplasty: In the case of migraines, a deviated septum may be contributing to your headache. In such cases, surgical correction of the septum can help relieve pressure on the nerves that pass through it and in turn reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches. Septoplasty addresses common issues concerning the septum such as a bent cartilage or deviated cartilage. This procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Emergency I have dengue since 7 days medicine is going on platelets is 2lakh my problem is few days ago im having itching problem in hand feet and rest body why this is happening its like ant is bitting me no red patches seen till yet I can not sleep please help what should I do there is mild headache and eyes are paning 21 years old male please help why itching is happening I want to stop that no fever just few symptoms are showing which is not getting stop like itching weakness eyes pain muscle spams my main target is itching so guide me please Urgent.
My backside of my head so tight due to stress. So I get pain to open my mouth. Stress is coming from family disturb, mobile use and using computer. So I control my family and less 4 hours use of computer. Tell me some exercise.
Ayurveda is an age old life science, that is known to work medical marvels. The best part about this field of medicine is that it blends the everyday remedies that touch the root cause of the issue before curing the same. Aging is an aspect that plagues one and all with its various signs hitting the skin, senses, body and hair.
So how can you use Ayurveda to turn back the aging clock of your system? Read on to find out!
- Herbs and Vayasthapana: Vayasthapana or the anti-aging effect is a herbal formula with herbs like Gotu Kola, which are known for their anti-aging properties in the field of Ayurveda. Ashwagandha is also used in this concoction. Other herbs like Amla, ginger, turmeric and Galanga are also used to create this anti-aging effect. The oil of cloves can also be used on the massage table for anti-aging.
- Radiance and Varnya: Varnya is the Ayurvedic effect of maintaining or bringing out the glow or radiance of the skin. The Varnya herbs include flame of forest, silk cotton tree, rose petals and Indian redwood. This concoction can help you retain a youthful glow on your skin, which will also keep fine lines at bay.
- Deep Healing and Branropana: With the help of Gotu Kola and other sensitive herbs, one can heal the body deeply and also enhance the skin. The herbs used here can also help in strengthening one's digestive system so that there is no Ama or toxin build up. The other herbs one can use here are turmeric, rose petals and cotton silk tree.
- Yoga: Yoga is a known method of keeping the body and senses vital and well functioning. There are a number of Yogic postures and poses that can help in the anti-aging process. These include equal standing for better balance, the tree pose, the squat pose, the downward dog pose, the plank pose for core strength and the seated twist.
- Diet and Lifestyle: Ayurveda is a science that touches every day in order to effectively heal and prevent. So, it is important to follow the Ayurvedic tenets of following a proper balance of eating, resting and activity even as you ingest regular meals at a set time with all the food groups in perfect balance.
Ayurveda can be used in order to take good care of the body even if you are not suffering from any ailments. The herbs can be ingested on a daily basis as seasoning for your food while Yoga can be practiced routinely. This will help you in delaying the aging process.
Losing weight is a challenge for most people but even more so for those suffering from obesity. With rigorous dieting and exercising you may lose fat but in the case of obese patients, this weight loss leaves behind sagging skin. Surgery is the only solution to this problem.
A tummy tuck of abdominoplasty is a procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen to create a firmer, more appealing silhouette. A tummy tuck may also be advised for women who have recently given birth and want to get back to their original figure. Most people fear going into surgery as every surgery has its own risks but a tummy tuck procedure is considered quite safe and hence need not be a cause for concern.
An abdominoplasty is usually performed under sedation or general anaesthesia. A horizontal incision is made between the navel and the pubic region. The length of this incision depends on the amount of excess skin to be removed. In some cases, an incision may be needed above the navel as well. The stubborn abdominal fat is removed and the muscle structure is repaired before pulling the skin taut and removing all excess skin. In most cases, the naval will also need to be shifted. The incisions are then closed with sutures or staples and allowed to heal.
It can take about 2 weeks for the results of a tummy tuck surgery to be visible. This is because most patients experience swelling for a few days after the surgery. The results of a tummy tuck surgery last fo as long as the patient can maintain his or her weight. For this reason, patients are usually advised to lose some weight and reach a stable weight before the surgery. In cases of excessive obesity, a single surgery may not be enough to recontour the abdomen and a follow-up procedure may be needed.
A tummy tuck surgery is not considered a weight loss procedure and hence putting on weight by following an unhealthy diet and neglecting exercise can detract from the results of a tummy tuck. For this reason, you may be advised to follow a strict diet after the surgery. This procedure is also not advised for women who are planning a family and have a high probability of pregnancy.