Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Malappuram. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shihab.P.K
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Shihab.P.KYour feedback matters!
When I consulted regarding some of the diseases, Some Doctors said I have depression but I am a very cool guy so I do not think I am suffering from any kind of depression. How do I confirm that yes I am right.
I have a stammering problem since last 2 years. I'm not able to attend any interviews for this problem . Can you please help me out.
Sir my age is 34 and since from 10 months I have high bp more than normal and now I quit smoking since from 4 months and started walking up to 6 km since 8 month but still I am taking bp tablet amlokind at and its normal when I take tablets , if I left the tablet it will be high only . . Sir give me any suggestions to be normal bp with out taking tablet .
A young lady working as a school teacher is not interested in marriage because of the fear of divorce and marital disharmony. What steps should be taken to change her attitude towards marriage?
Sir I am 14 years and my i/q intelligence before 2 months was too good and had best problem solving ability but now due to stress I realize that lost all ability. My intelligence quotient is decrease.
I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Is being addicted to tobacco a reason for it? Can I live alone for job at a place away from family?
I lost my husband last year and I lost my consciousness n suffering from severe depression due to unstable mental condition.
Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. But if depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should. Most people live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether a person is struggling with depression:
- A significant change in sleeping patterns: If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
- Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life: You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression
- Anger or irritated mood: Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression
- Sudden variation in weight or appetite: If you suddenly find that you have lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression
- Feeling of guilt without any particular reason: If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability.