Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chattipparamba and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My mouth smell every now and then and my teeth are yellow and I brush my teeth regularly what to do?
I am 24 year old male having protruded teeth. As teeth were protruded, I was not able to close mouth normally, So I forced my lips to close which caused my lips portion to increase, I guess. So now I have fuller lips and I am planning to have braces. Is there will be any noticeable change in lips portion. Will it get smaller thinner?
Hi, my age is 30 and I have pain in my wisdom tooth and I got swelling also what should I do for pain relive ?
Possible causes include:
• Tooth decay (cavities)
• Fractured teeth
• Worn fillings
• Gum disease
• Worn tooth enamel
• Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns (the part above the gum line )of your teeth. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
• Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
• Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
• A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
• Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
• Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.
I have problem of hair fall, dandruff and cavity in teeth and headache and stomach pain so what I do?
I am suffering from the extra growth of gums on my teeth. It does not give any pain to me. How to reduce the extra growth.
I want to know details like brand name, pricing and warranty details for some zinconia tooth caps. Please let me know as it would be helpful for me to decide about it.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
Which type of doctor I should to consult for yawning/shortness to of breath? please tell me cause of this breath shortness and treatment for this, and sometimes I can't take breath properly have to take deep breath from mouth,
I am 19 year old Male. Today morning, I was trying to remove a stapler from a page with the help of my front teeth i.e. My incisors. The stapler did not removed but my tooth got a slight breakage. There is a very small 'V' kind of breakage and its kind of rugged which I can feel with my tongue. There is NO pain. But I am worried that, in future will my teeth break more from that same point?
I have an yellow marks in my teeth what I can do now please help me as soon as possible by home remedy we trust this.
3 primary causes of tooth cavity you shouldn't ignore!
Permanently damaged regions on the enamel of the teeth that later develop into holes or openings are known as cavities. They are a common dental problem and can affect people belonging to all age groups. If left untreated, they can lead to infection, severe toothache, and even tooth loss.
Cavities can be caused due to a number of factors. Some of those factors are discussed below-
1. Bacterial action
Cavities can be caused due to tooth decay by the action of bacteria. Bacteria are naturally found in the mouth and they thrive on food and drinks that contain sugar. If the sugar is not cleaned off the teeth, bacteria can react with it to produce acids. This results in the formation of bacterial plaque that sticks to the teeth, resulting in cavities.
2. Frequent snacking
Eating too frequently can result in the formation of cavities as more food intake means more bacteria and bacterial plaque contain harmful acids. These acids remove the mineral content in the hard surface of the tooth. This erosion can lead to cavities and expose the tooth to decay.
3. Unclean tooth
If the tooth is not cleaned well and regularly using good brushing and flossing techniques, cavities can occur more frequently. Unclean teeth are exposed to the risk of cavities more than healthy and clean teeth. In fact, unclean teeth can pose a serious threat to the inner layers of your teeth as well as make the bacterial action more frequent and dangerous.
Related Tip: 5 Natural Ways to Never Let Your TEETH Turn Yellow!