Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Madurai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ragunath S
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Ragunath SYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 20 year old, sex-male. Suffering ringworm on my thighs and hips about 6 month to 1 year. Some black spot was there. I am using an ointment 'Neo clobenate-GM. After using the rings are gone for some day then repeat. So how can I over come from this problem?
Hi, I am Dr Deepa Kanchankoti. I have been practising dermatologist, cosmetologist and trichologist in Kandivali, Mumbai since last 17 years. Today I am going to speak about the crowning glory- balding in men.
Whenever a male patient comes to us for reasons of balding, we need to understand or rather classify whether it is localized or it is generalized. The localized balding alopecia is called as alopecia areata and it is much different from the generalized hair loss. Generalized hair loss is again divided into scarring alopecia or non scarring alopecia. Scarring alopecia we have to find out whether it is because of an internal problem in the system or it is a disease on the scalp. Amongst the non scarring alopecia whether it is relive effluvium which is more of stress-related or other problems like diet medicines some local applications etc or it is hormone induced. The hormone induced alopecia in men also known as androgenetic alopecia is the most common problem and here we are going to dispel some of the myths.
What happens is this is the length of the hair and the root is here which is getting its blood supply from the scalp. Within over a period of time this length goes on reducing smaller and smaller and smaller to a very fine non visible hair. So this terminal long thick deep rooted hair converted into a very fine non-visible hair. This process is called as miniaturization and more often what patient calls as hair loss is nothing but hair miniaturization.
Why does this happen?
This happens because at the root of the hair there is an enzyme which causes certain conversion of hormones and this is under the influence of these hormones and more so this is genetically predetermined. Now if one works prevention from this type of miniaturization then there are medicines available which can stop the activity of this enzyme at the root of the hair so long as the medicines are being consumed the enzyme does not act and the miniaturization does not happen but if you stop taking the medicine the miniaturization process stops. There is a myth that people have the understanding if they stop taking the medicine there is more hair loss. There is not more hair loss.
What has been stopped so far it starts happening again. Men usually find that initially they have a v shaped balding which happens during the teenage. This goes on increasing with a deeper V. Over a period of time a bald patch starts appearing in this area and then at the vertex the hair killing happens and the area widens and this area completely balds. So according to the Hamilton grading what starts is great to androgenetic alopecia goes on to increasing and becoming grade 3,4,5,6,7 where in you have a small strip of hair behind and all the hair are lost. So whenever you start the medicine the process of miniatures, medicines stops or gets delayed and if you stop taking the medicines the process starts again. Sometimes patients have this query I don't want to take medicines forever.
Can I go for hair transplant?
That is aan excellent solution where the Velice hair cannot be completely transformed into a terminal hair. Again the hair which is removed from the back of the scalp called as the donor area is transplanted into the front cay area where these hair starts growing here.
Is that a solution for not taking the oral medication?
Probably one needs to look into this. His hair will not grow because the transplant happened and the hair restore is it the glory but this hair is still under the influence of hormones so over a period of time this starts balding again. If one needs to maintain the hair then they must continue taking the medicines inspite of the transplantation because otherwise this hair will remain And this hair will go leading to unnatural balding. So one must always while getting the treatment for hair loss have realistic expectations as to what can be achieved? What can't be achieved? Whether they need to or area they prepared for taking forever or they are happy with natural balding.dermatologist cosmetologist
I am losing my hair very quickly. I have tried all medicated n non medicated shampoo but no result. Pls guide to stop dis.
I have acne problem on my face and on back of shoulder but it is not itching On back these acne are small.
Sir, I have some pimples on my face. I have used some herbal products but not much effect was there. What to do now?
Hi All. I am 29 yr old male, facing male pattern baldness. Also I feel my hair follicles are week. I had good hair some years back but after using helmet I feel baldness has started. My food pattern has been good and healthy. Kindly help me by suggesting remedies to control hair loss and then hair gain later. Await for your support. Thank you.
I am 20 years old and I am doing hotel management so I have to do shaving on regular basis and after shaving there is pimple or like of rashes on my face.
Skin rashes can be of many kinds. These may be due to various improper body system. Thankfully, homeopathy has many solutions for the plethora of causative factors for skin rashes. These remedies aim at treating the underlying cause of the affecting ailment. Any skin change that affects the look, colour or texture can be termed as a rash. Rashes might or might not have any accompanying pain. They may be spread all over the body or may affect any one part and be localised. It might affect the body image apart from the discomfort it causes. A few kinds of rashes disappear without treatment, while others require medical attention.
Homeopathy tries to holistically solve the disease by treating the underlying causes than just the symptoms of the disease. Here are the most commonly employed treatments:
- Arsenicum (Ars): It is useful in treating skin ailments wherein the skin gets thickened; such as in chronic urticarial, chronic eczema and psoriasis. The rash might be papular and cause a burning sensation. The pustules turn into scabs. It is also effective in treating ringworms and certain kinds of hives. Hives which are formed after consuming fruits or pork are known to show noticeable regression after consuming Arsenicum. Wheals, which are induced due to consistent exposure to cold can also be remedied by this remedy.
- Apis Mellifica (Apis): It is useful when urticarial infections have a sudden onset with a widespread appearance of welts. Hives that spread all over the body and bed rashes can also be treated with this drug.
- Hepar Sulphur (Hep): This drug is helpful in treating moist eruptions on skin folds and the joints. The skin in such cases is prone to suppuration (the process of pus forming) and becomes very sensitive. This can also be used in eczematous scalp and cases wherein the skin becomes very sensitive. Genital organs affected by boils can especially benefit from Hepar sulphur.
- Caladium: It is most commonly used in case of asthmatics who suffer from rashes. This kind of rash alternates with the asthma attacks.
- Medorrhinum: Babies having rashes around their anus (diaper rash) are generally recommended this medicine for the eruptions to subside.
- Sulphur: This works well for rashes that are extremely itchy and feeling burning. You feel better when something cold is applied to the area. Your skin is rough, dry and peeling. You have blisters and fluid-filled bumps that exist within a patch of dark red skin. It may affect the left side of the body more often than the right, especially at points that bend and folds of the skin.
- Psorinum: Psorinum is one of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching in the bend of joints, for example the hollow of the knee or elbow. Homeopathic medicine Psorinum has shown the best results where itching is intolerable and the skin gets raw or may even start to bleed from intense and continuous scratching. So severe is the condition that the person often finds it hard to even sleep. In persons showing these vital signs, Psorinum has proved to be one of the most suitable Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching. Psorinum is also among the most effective Homeopathic medicines for skin ailments that get worse in winters. Along with the symptoms mentioned above, sensitivity to cold air may also be felt in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.