Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Madurai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Muthuvel Rajan
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Muthuvel RajanYour feedback matters!
Grip of my right hand has become weak. For last 1 month, I have difficulty in joining my thumb with last (smallest) finger. There is no such problem in left hand.
I am 28 year old and it's been three days there is a swelling with red tip in the lower portion of my left butt cheek. I think it's an abscess. I am feeling shy of going to a doctor. Can you tell me any cure of that. From yesterday blood with pus started coming out of the tip. Please help.
Hi, I'm 30 years old lady, height 164 cms and weight 80 kgs, past few months before my leg knee below part, especially calf muscle has been suddenly pained like twisting it and unable to tolerate the pain for a minute and after making it massage I got some relaxation but the pain continues and again the same thing happened past week, as I like to know that why i'm getting like this.
Dear Doctor, My father-in-law (76 years) who is already suffering from Parkinsons and Osteoarthritis is now having this problem. While passing stools there is no solid stool; it is only like a foam (soapy foam), something like that. Since we are not able to take him to a doc we asked a local doc and they prescribed some medicines and after which he was ok. But now again after some weeks the same has started. It goes off and on. Could u please let me know if there is any major issue on this.Kindly help?
I have disc bulge and getting pain in my left leg. I have MRI report my nerve is compressed of left leg.
Sometimes my leg pains a lot at night specially in winter. I used to spray some pain removal spray. After that got relief but then it rises again after a week or so.
I have bow legs. With surgery will it b corrected completely? n what are the complications if I opt to go for surgery.
I am suffering from pain in my legs and ankle and specially on my left ankle. My vitamin d3 level is 15. What kind of food I take to gain my level and what kind of exercise I will do? I always feel tiredness. After wake up from sleep I feel pain in my legs and ankle and some burning sensation. What should I do.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain:
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.