Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pain Management Specialists in India. You will find Pain Management Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pain Management Specialists online in Madurai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Back Pain Treatment
Cancer Pain Management
Chronic Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Hand Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment Of Lumbago
Treatment of Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Neck Pain Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J. RajeshYour feedback matters!
I feel very weakness in doing any work. There is pain in my muscles if I do any work. Please help me out n suggest me a good healthy diet or anything else.
Iam 25years oldMale I have pain in right testiesAnd right testis is placed up side and right leg is having pain like muscle paining I didn't have previous sexual feelings also, What should I do? Please suggest me.
I HAVE A DESK JOB AND MY WORKING HOURS IS 12. SO I GOT BACK PAIN PROBLEM. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION DOCTOR? Also I got some band of my back bone.
When I play cricket once in a week because of that I have a pain in my legs. Please suggest me a treatment.
I have severe pain in my body feeling weakness since last 5 days should I go for preliminary test for dengue
I'm Suffering From Headache From My Childhood I Have Consulted So Many Doctors But No One Is Telling The Correct Treatment, What Should I Do?
Hi I am 25 years old male I have a Back ache some 1 suggested he myoril will it work good for my body or it will cause any side effect.
Hello I had a accident. And had some injuries. Now pain is less, but when I was exercising (doing hand up-down) in shoulder something is like moving. When I asked doctor, he said my rib is broken. And gave tablet to cure it. What is your suggestion?
Whenever I study for one or two hour then there is unbearable pain starts in my both shoulders n then it started headache. What should I do?
I have a traveling jobs Since 3 years Daily need to updown I have LOng time problem of headache Is it serious problem or common? Or common please suggest I.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
Dear sir, my half head pain daily happens for 1 hrs to 1/5 hrs please give medicine name to stop my pain.
I have low headache and low fever from a long time of about a month. Taken treatments from PHC Khajuwala and then BIKANER. But no recovery. Please tell me how to recover?
Having pain in left shoulder. At a point near neck. Specially when I drive bike in cold or I do lot of work. Why it is happening and how to get rid of this. Is this is cervical or what.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'