Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Madurai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arasa Kumar
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment of Osteomalacia
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Submit a review for Dr. Arasa KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering form severe leg pain along with burning also has about 3 - 4 lumps found. Please suggest what actions to be taken along with the consultation I need to have. Also consulted in Bangalore with not much helpful.
I go for running everyday but my knee has caught an injury and I cannot run anymore. What should I do in this case?
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery -
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components:
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am feeling uneasiness around underarm area, while lifting left hand I am getting pain in my shoulder, Kindly suggest.
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from joint pain from last 10 years. I have used several medicines and ointment but problem is still continue. Give me proper suggestions.
My mother is suffering from knee pain since many years. Three months back all of a sudden her pain increased very much and her knee swelled up. We went to kanpur there doctor gave medicines and shows the possibility of knee transplant. After taking medicine for two month there is not much improvement. We are worried what should we do? Shall we go to delhi or some other place?
My husband is suffering from severe back pain and stiff neck. He has a family history of Ankolytis Spondylosis. I want to know if it is curable. He is 42 years and has been having this problem for past couple of years. It's just getting worse by the day. Please help and advice. Thanks.
Hi, I am 25 year old working girl. I am having constant back pain since last 15 days. It got started with the cramps in back initially and now it's like I am not able to sit and work. What you suggest, taking vitamin and calcium tablets but its not working.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Soft tissues around knee can cause knee pain similar to osteoarthritis Bursa around knee can cause inflammation and pain Tendon insertion can cause insertional tendinopathy All these are amenable to conservative and non-invasive therapies like cold packs , NSAIDs, and local hydrocortisone injections. Tendinopathy responds very well to ESWT( Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy).
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.