Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Sumita SofatYour feedback matters!
Hi, doctor I am 41 years old. I have a menopause problem. I also have high blood pressure. Pls suggest me some thing to get regular period.
Hi, I had unprotected sex on 21st jan and took an i-pill on 22nd. My periods were on 12th jan. On 29th jan I started bleeding again. It's been 3 days since I have been bleeding. It's not exactly heavy like periods but it is also not just spotting. I am bleeding clots. Is this a period or a side effect of the ECP? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Are you pregnant and waiting to be a mother for the first time? Pregnancy is an ideal time for you to start taking care of yourself emotionally and physically. It is not a very simple thing and is associated with several complexities. Here are nine ways, following which you can undergo a healthy pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor or midwife immediately
- After finding that you are pregnant, get in touch with your doctor or midwife for organizing antenatal care.
- You will need to get important pregnancy advice and prepare for scans and tests that are required.
- Eat properly
- Consume a healthy and balanced diet on a regular basis comprising carbohydrates, protein servings, and fish.
- Take supplements
- Take pregnancy vitamin supplements in case you are not getting the essential nutrients from your everyday diet.
- Consume folic acid and vitamin D in large amounts during pregnancy.
- Maintain proper hygiene
- For keeping away from a condition known as listeria, you should avoid food items that may harbor the listeria bacteria, such as unpasteurized milk, under cooked meals, raw and under cooked meat, and many more.
- Work out regularly
- Regular exercise is important during pregnancy.
- Go for yoga, swimming, walking, and aquanatal classes as you need to build your endurance and strength. This prepares your body to deal with pregnancy.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises as these help in having a toned pelvic floor that ensures you of a smoother childbirth.
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol is unsafe during pregnancy, and you should totally try to avoid drinking. Heavy drinking during pregnancy is fatal for your baby in several ways.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid having mild stimulants such as coffee, cola, and tea when you are pregnant. The high caffeine amounts may increase the chances of miscarriage
- Avoid smoking
- Undertake pelvic floor exercises
It is also very important for you to get sufficient rest when you are pregnant. You are bound to get tired easily because of pregnancy hormones that are in high levels. Try taking naps during the day if your night sleep is disrupted. Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, stretching, massage, deep breathing, and visualization. For a healthy pregnancy, without any complication or hazards, these also play an important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir last week me and my gf both are together at function and we were got exited then I turned off her clothes not panty only jeans and my jeans. We both r had our underwear on and she was on seat on my top n rubbing then I fall my underwear was wett can any chance of pregnancy?
I am 33 years old female married. I got to know that there is swelling on my tube. Doctor says it's like TB. Homeopathic doctor says it's due to my past life depression as I have gone through bad days. It is affecting my whole body. What might be the problem? What should I do?
Sir I am 31 yr old male and my wife is of 22 Year . We married on 23 may 2012. My wife have pcod on that time. Still she is fine. My report and my wife reports nothing to complecated but still my wife has not concieve everything is normal. Please give advice to me have any position wrong? or what a problem we dont know. Please revert back to me.
I'm 20 years old, i'm getting periods twice a month with bleeding 10 to 15 days the gap between periods is mostly12 days since 2years and hair lose, weakness please send solution to me.
Today is first day of my periods. I am having pain in stomach waist n legs. But I am having Free less flow of blood. It s very less compare to other first days of my cycle. There is water like flow. Is this because of fingering?
Can anyone one tell me that without prescription from doctor then also urine test will be made for pregnancy test in lab? Or should we have to consult doctor bcz my girlfriend is just 20 years I don't want trouble to her? And is it illegal to do so.
What's the best time to drink coconut water for a 5 months pregnant lady? And also want to know benefits of drink coco water 1. Is it morning time with empty stomach 2. Afternoon 3.or any other specific time.
Undoubtedly eating fruits contribute to good health and provides a range of other benefits for your body. Nevertheless, you must follow some simple guidelines so that you eat fruits the right way. Eating fruits as and when you like doesn't do much good. Therefore, it is essential to know when and how to consume fruits in order to fully benefit from it.
Right time to eat fruits:
- Eating fruits first thing in the morning is preferable as you gain all the nutrients your body requires, which keeps you nourished and energized. Eating fruits on an empty stomach promotes good health and helps you shed the extra kilos. Additionally, it also prevents digestive problems and keeps you in good shape as your body fully absorbs all the vitamins, good carbohydrates and fiber present in the fruits.
- Eating fruits between breakfast and lunch is also an option that can help you maintain a proper diet. If you choose to have your fruit helping after breakfast, it is essential to adjust the proportion and time of both the meals accordingly. A fruit helping after breakfast should keep you full for at least two hours, thereby ensuring proper digestion. Make sure you balance your meals accordingly and do not end up overeating.
Why fruits should be avoided after meals:
- Even though fruits have high nutrition value, it also contains calories. If you consume a bowl of fruits just after your meal, chances are that your body may get more calories than it requires. No matter how healthy fruits are, eating them after meals can cause significant weight gain. Also, it is essential to keep in mind to not make your diet fruit heavy as then your body is deprived of nutrition present in meats, vegetables, dairy products and whole grains.
- It is of utmost importance that you avoid eating fruits just before going to bed. Fruits contain a lot of sugar which can, in turn, increase your energy levels thereby, keeping you awake when you need to sleep instead.
My wife age 52 ys menopause stage all reports say normal but weakness for the last 3 months. Kindly advise
I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant. I don't want the baby. What should I do? Which pills should I take and for how long?
Dear Dr. I am 22 yrs old and I am married. I had brown discharge 4 days before (yesterday morning) the period and then it changes into red blood. What is its means? am I pregnant? please help me dr.
Does your work require you to sit for long hours? Following a bad sitting posture for a long time can cause a lot of health problems like depression, low energy levels, back or neck pain, fatigue, headache etc. But the good news is that you can correct these posture defects very easily by following a few simple tricks throughout the day. Here’s how.
1. Sit up straight
Sitting up straight is easy if you follow these simple rules.
a. Use an ergonomically designed chair made according to your height and weight as it will provide your body with the required support to sit straight. You can buy such a chair online from any leading furniture shopping website.
b. Ensure that your back remains aligned to the back of your chair to prevent slouching or leaning forward.
c. Try to keep your shoulders straight and squared, paired with an upright head and aligned neck, back, and heels, similar to your standing posture.
2. Ensure that your ears are in line with your shoulders
Use this small trick to maintain the correct posture throughout the day. Whenever you lean forward or backward too much, your ears won’t be in line with your shoulders and you will know that it’s a wrong posture.
3. Uncross your legs
The correct sitting posture requires you to keep your feet grounded. Be careful not to cross your legs and leave one of them hanging in front of you. If your feet find it difficult to reach the ground, you can use a footrest or a small stand for placing them.
4. Take the help of a lumbar support pillow
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion that has been designed to support your spine and help you maintain a straight sitting position. Every time you sit on the chair, the pillow ensures that you sit straight. You can roll up a thick towel and use it instead of a lumbar support pillow as well to get the same benefits.
5. Do some desk exercises at regular intervals
Exercising after sitting for long hours can help you to relax by loosening stiff muscles, besides having the added benefit of correcting your posture. Take small exercise breaks and try out the following workouts, while still sitting on your chair-
a. Maintain an upright position and raise your arms above your head, while ensuring that your elbows remain straight. Bend to your right first and then left, while keeping your fingers interlocked.
b. Extend your left leg forward, while remembering to keep your toes pointed towards the front. Change the position of your toes so that they point upward. Follow the same steps for 5 for times and then do the same with your right leg.
Maintaining a correct posture will not only keep you away from the health hazards of a bad posture, but will also enhance your appearance and increase your energy levels.
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.