Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ludhiana and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shammi Garg
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shammi GargYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am having toothache in my right molars from 2 days I brushes twice regularly but then also. Can you please give me some remedy for it.
Hello, I am Dr Rukmani Lalit and I am a dentist, practising since last 8 years. I am doing dentistry as my health job. Just to explain you few things about your health care and dental health care.
Nowadays people are very much interested in dental care, dental accessories, dental aesthetics cosmetics. By the basic thing is the cleaning of the oral cavity, the health of the oral cavity and the cleanliness. I just want to share the Dental cleanliness or the oral health cleanliness.
First thing is that how to do the brushing properly?
The teeth should be clean and clear. And not only it should be the brushing of teeth but also continues with the flossing of the teeth.
Do you all believe in the brushing of teeth after the meal?
It is not necessary to brush your teeth but you have to follow some flossing procedures. Brushing will help in teeth cleaning in the maximum aesthetic areas. But dirt collects in between the teeth as well which can be cleaned with the help of flossing. By the help of flossing you are not removing the plague, but also you can target those areas which might have been with the food stocks and get it cleaned.
When you floss, you are not only protecting your teeth but also self-guarding your gums. It is the cause of the development of the healthy tissues that loose the tooth. It may lead to Periodontal disease like Gingivitis, peritonitis. You may tatter away from the gums and keep the teeth healthy. It is a more appropriate reason for the healthy gums and the healthy teeth.
The second version of such case is when the plaque stays on the teeth for more than 24 hours, it can cause decay of the tooth enamel surface. It will cause decay of Dentinal tubules. It will cause soft tissue involvement which will lead to inflammation of your teeth. Actually, it is the main purpose to remove the plaque and the tartar, present in your oral cavity which should be clean and clear. It will increase your health, your oral health as well as your systematic health.
For further information or the consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Both the incisor teeth are very small in size, therefore there is a gap in my teeth. Is there any treatment for this.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.