Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rupinder Kaur
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Rupinder KaurYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rupinder Kaur Khaira to be professional, sensible and very helpful. Thank u so much mam ......
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rupinder Kaur Khaira to be sensible. Good
Best doctor in punjab Dr Rupinder kaur
Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT is a micro needling or medical skin needling technique that is minimally-invasive in nature. This technique can successfully rejuvenate the skin which is suffering from wrinkles, lines, scars etc. As the name suggests, the treatment utilizes a needle to puncture the skin. At times, doctors might use local anesthesia to avoid minor discomfort.
Who is a good candidate for collagen induction therapy?
There are no pre-requisites of the treatment. Just like other cosmetic treatments, it is necessary to keep the expectation realistic and maintain general health. Unlike some laser and chemical peel based treatments, collagen therapy is suitable for any types of skin. The following conditions make an individual a very good candidate for collagen therapy:
- Skin laxity
- Scarring from chicken pox and acne
- Premature aging
- Wrinkles and lines
- Scar resulting from accident or surgery
Although, there are hardly any side effects; in some cases, people may experience:
- Flaking of the skin
- Skin dryness
- Formation of scab
- Cold sores
If you experience any of the above, the same can be addressed by the doctor.
What are the three phases of treatment?
- Inflammation: This part involves piercing the skin that triggers the immune system increase blood flow, disinfect the wound, remove debris and create new tissues.
- Proliferation: With granulation cell, elastin and collagen, the wound are re-built. A new blood supply network is formed around the wounded area.
- Remodelling: The wound gets replaced with new blood vessels and dermal tissue. The type 3 collagen gets replaced with type 1 collagen. This results in skin tightening and more glow.
How is the procedure performed?
The whole procedure takes around half-an-hour to perform. It is done using an instrument known as the skin open. Small facial areas are punctured with the help of the tool. Needling is done with derma roller or derma per along with some serums are infused into the skin to get the desired effect.
What to expect after the therapy?
The skin might turn pink because of the puncturing. It is not uncommon to experience a little bruising. It takes about six-eight weeks for the new skin to arrive and make its presence felt. Typically, it requires around three-four sitting to achieve the maximum result.
Besides being a part of aging, skin pigmentation can also be caused due to the damaging effects of acne or even long-term exposure to UV rays of the sun. You can eliminate brown spots or scars by resorting to certain skin rejuvenation treatment. The more aggressive skin treatments are Laser Skin Resurfacing or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). For treating moderately pigmented skin, Chemical Peels can also be used.
How do chemical peels work?
Chemical peels sink deeper into the layers of your skin and stimulate the cell’s turnover process. For exfoliation, the chemical peels are used to burn the top layer of your skin, thus reducing the pigmentation of your skin and also eliminating or reducing the external lines, blemishes and wrinkles. Different chemical peels have different penetrating powers into different layers of the skin. The chemical peels are customized according to the area and extent of damages caused to your skin.
Treatment by chemical peels
Such treatment is taken up by cosmetic dermatology centers and medical spas. Prior to the process, consult the dermatologist for a better evaluation of your skin type and needs. Also know about the potential risks and side effects such as burning, excessive scarring, permanent hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation
Types of chemical peels
The following are the commonly used chemical peels used for the treatment of pigmentation:
- Vi Peel: Considered to be a very powerful Gen Next peel, it involves minimum downtime and brings about effective results. It restores damaged skin and alleviates the visible signs of aging. Healing may take a maximum of 4 days and the peel has to be kept on the skin till it heals completely. It is particularly effective for Melasma and hyper-pigmentation.
- Melanage Peel: It is prepared with retinoic acid and hydroquinone. It can be suitably used for all types of skin. This along with medicated masque increases the skin cell turnover and breaks up the pigments. It also stimulates the production of collagen, thus making the skin smoother and toned after it heals.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA): This has moderate penetration into the skin. Here, the downtime varies between seven to ten days, depending upon the sensitivity of your skin. It is particularly effective for those having pronounced pigmentation of the skin.
Medical hairline tattoo or scalp micro pigmentation is a pigmentation method of the scalp. The pigment is applied at the epidermis of the scalp that results in the re-appearance of the hair follicles. The number of sitting required is dependent on the extent of pigmentation required. Micropigmentation is one of the most popular and natural ways to regrow hair.
Who is an ideal candidate?
This is a form of treatment is suitable for people of all ages, any stage of hair loss, any skin types, and color. A normal person has close to 2000 hairs in each square inch. Thinning of hair can result in premature aging, depression, and dogmas. This is where scalp micro pigmentation comes into the picture. It can completely restore full hair to a person who has lost almost all hair.
How many sessions are required?
It typically takes 3-4 sittings to complete the whole process of scalp micro pigmentation. Each session can take up to 3-4 hours. One week of a gap in between is necessary to continue the session. The whole process works subtly with a slow hair filling process. This can take up to a month to show results. The process includes a cartridge containing 3 needles that inject the epidermal layer of the scalp. The spacing of the pigment is then determined by copying the remaining natural follicles.
What is this process capable of?
Scalp micro pigmentation can successfully instill a youthful look to a person. It can stimulate a full front hairline, it can hide all symptoms of alopecia, camouflage any scar resulting from accident or hair transplant surgery, hide birthmarks, previous scars etc.
What are the conditions scalp micro pigmentation can address?
- Crown balding: This is one of the common degenerative hair balding and thinning process. It makes a person looks aged and takes away self-confidence in the process. Scalp micro pigmentation can rejuvenate the crown and restore the old hair in a bald person.
- Hair Receding: This is another form of baldness. In this condition, the hair from the front portion degenerates. Scalp micro pigmentation can successfully restore the hair for this form of baldness.
- Restore complete hair loss: For a person who has completely lost all hair and seems like no hope to restore the old hair, scalp micro pigmentation can come handy. It can successfully restore the hair in such cases.
- b Diffused hair loss can be a problem for people of any age. It interrupts the hair cycle, creates nutritional deficiencies, emotional stress. Scalp micro pigmentation can effectively address all these problems are increasing the density of hair in a person. What’s more, it can ensure that the hair stays on the scalp for a number of years. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A technique that has been used effectively for quite some time to mend sports injuries is currently turning into the treatment of choice for women to improve their skin problems like wrinkles, scars, sunburns and even dark circles under their eyes.
The Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment, is becoming very famous because of its natural status and the promising results it shows. It uses the plasma taken from the patient's own blood rather than chemicals infused into the body. The chances of any side effects are close to zero considering all the cases so far. The treatment has turned out to be famously known as the Platelet-Rich Plasma Facelift or the vampire facelift.
Here is how the procedure takes place:
- This procedure involves drawing blood from your arm, isolating the platelets, and then infusing them into your skin by a method called of micro needling.
- Plasma is infused inside the skin with the help of microneedling.
- Since the platelets are high in hormones, and the micro needling allows the skin to recover, the whole technique is intended to help cell regeneration.
There are no scars afterwards
Most doctors who perform the PRP procedures, ice their patients' appearances quickly after the surgery to limit the permanent scarring or wounding that can happen at the infusion points. Icing will likewise help limit any swelling or skin bothering for patients who have delicate skin. Every one of these side-effects are reversible and often diminish within a couple of days.
It is said that PRP has lasting effects, know how?
- Women who have had the Platelet-Rich Plasma Facelift treatment discovered their wrinkles look surprisingly better a while after they have had the medicines.
- That is based on the fact that the plasma rejuvenates their skin's undeveloped cells to create more collagen, develop new cells and actually revive their skin.
- The new cell development in your skin created by the Platelet Rich Plasma takes weeks to months, which is the reason it looks so much better after certain amount of time passes.
There are no bad side effects of this procedure, why?
- Platelet Rich Plasma truly recovers the new cells in the patient's body wherever it is infused.
- It enables the body to heal itself in a regular manner without using chemicals or substances of any other kind.
- The likelihood of any infection or contamination is practically nil on the grounds that the plasma is taken from the patient’s own body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have sun tan and it is visible on my shoulders, face and neck. I can describe as like a line or 2 divide my hand and neck into black portion and white portion. What will I do. And what is good for which I can get my colour of that portion back. Its very embarrassing while with friends who just make laugh saying "map with water and land"
There is ample evidence to suggest the fact that anxiety or stress and the problem of hair loss are indeed related. The relationship between the two, despite being a complex one, can be easily established. If you’re worrying too much about how the rate of hair loss in your case has seemingly multiplied, then it’s time that you stop over-thinking. Your anxieties are contributing significantly to the condition itself. Hair-fall owing to excessive stress may occur anytime within the 6 weeks to 4 months time period that follows an event which might cause extreme pressure on you, psychologically or otherwise.
However, it is imperative to remember that the possibility for acute hair-fall to occur is very rare in case your anxiety is less than severe. Stress triggers a plethora of conditions that effectively contribute to hair loss, the most common ones being:
- Telogen Effluvium: The most frequently observed condition wherein more amount of hair than what is considered normal prepares to fall off.
- Alopecia Areata: Sudden increment in a fall of large clumps of your hair around the scalp.
- Trichotillomania: This is an otherwise habitual condition led by anxiety and stress wherein the person affected pulls out his hair without even realizing the fact that he is actually pulling out his own hair.
The good news is that for those who suffer from anxiety induced hair-fall is that, the problem isn’t a permanent one. If anxiety and stress are the conditions that have triggered this problem, then best results might be achieved by implementing measures to reduce the stress causing factors. However, ensure that you’re addressing this problem properly so that a fall or a reduction may be observed in both your anxiety levels as well as your hair-fall problems.
There are several quick fixes that go a long way in contributing to the correction of this condition:
- Meditation aids in altering your brain’s neural pathways, thereby improving and strengthening your resilience towards stress.
- Connecting with your loved ones more often helps you relax and heal emotionally, significantly lowering your anxiety levels.
- Music that soothes the senses, calms down your nerves, and lowers the blood pressure levels, helps in alleviating the effects of a stressful living.
- It is vital to keep in mind the fact that a healthy lifestyle and regular exercising go a long way in keeping your health intact-whether it be securing your tresses or lowering your anxieties.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!