Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello I am am Naveen I have a habit of masturbation from 6-7 years still now sometimes I do 2-3 for a day I lesson that problems will occur with this habit in future that means after marriage I don't get a babies like that can you say weather it may effect on that or not is any other problems will occur with this habit.
My 10 month old daughter is having loose motion since last night. She is not eating anything. If she eats she vomits. What should be done.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set yourself an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
Doctor, Please help me why same sex attraction happens? Since childhood only I am attracted to male people I never attracted to female being a male why I am attracted to male bodies only can you tell me how to overcome this? I need a heterosexual life.
What are the symptoms of dengue and what is the reason behind the disease caused and how it can be cured?
I am suffering from too much acidity problem n having too much hair fall and also having flakes problem n rough n dry hair what should I do?
I suffer from stomach bloating every morning. And sometimes it happens after eating any meal! How do I get rid of it? It feels like I have eaten too much and feels heavy.
My wife is complaining frequent headache on eyebrows. Whom to consult neurologist or a eye doctor first, plzz suggest.
Hello doctor. My friend had unprotected sex yesterday and after two hours took postpone 72. She was in fertile period. Is there a possibility of her getting pregnant?
M suffering from psoriasis. I try all type of medicine but all is vain. please help me and tell the solutions.
Hereditary Angioedema is a rare skin related disorder and as the name suggests it is also a genetically inherited condition. This condition mainly afflicts the throat, abdomen and the limbs of the patient, with a certain kind of swelling. This swelling can become fatal if not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about the condition and its treatment.
Causes: A rare genetic mutation of the SERPING1 gene can cause this condition. Usually, this gene is known to produce C1 esterase inhibitor, which is a kind of blood protein. This blood protein is an important element of one’s immune system and is usually involved in the biochemical reactions that control the body’s response to inflammation causing elements. This is done when the blood protein produces a hormone known as Bradykinin. If this blood protein does not function in a normal manner, then there is excessive production of this hormone, which leads to swelling and inflammation.
Type One: There are various types of Hereditary Angioedema that can affect various parts of the body. Type one is one of the most common kinds and can be found on the face, hands, abdomen, throat, as well as feet and genitals of the patient. The severity and frequency of attacks cannot really be predicted and the patient may suffer from attacks throughout his or her life. The best way to treat this type of Hereditary Angioedema is with the help of antihistamine drugs and prednisone which can fight allergic attacks.
Type Two: This kind of Hereditary Angioedema has the same symptoms as type one and is caused by a malfunction of the C1 inhibitor, rather than the Bradykinin hormone as one can see in type one. This condition can also be treated with anti-allergy drugs.
Type Three: This is very rare kind of Hereditary Angioedema. In fact, medical science is yet to find a conclusive body of knowledge that can point to the exact causes and symptoms of this condition. Coagulation is one of the main causes recognised so far. This condition is much more common in women than it is in men, and it usually shows up as facial swelling.
Timely Treatment: While there is no cure for this condition, one can prevent a flare up of the symptoms by taking C1 inhibitors and Bradykinin receptors as well as enzyme inhibitors. It is important to get early treatment for the symptoms and to have constant access to a hospital and its emergency unit. One should also keep track of attacks and symptoms and get regular check-ups done by a doctor to detect the earliest signs of the same to avoid fatalities.