Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Pediatricians online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rc Bhatia
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Rc BhatiaYour feedback matters!
My child is having not getting hunger and go for toilet 2 and 3 days sometimes early in the morning feel like not eating anything and remains empty stomach.
My child got easy 6 vaccine at 6 weeks. Can I give easy 5 injection in 10 weeks. Is there occur any health problems because of changing the injection?
Hi doctor, My child has motion problem since 2years, he can't control the motion. I have taken him to a gastrogist, he suggest me that all test like stool, scan of stomach all are normal, I think his rectum is loose. What to do please doctor suggest me. The doctor has given a tablet called NORMAXIN, but no use with that tablet. He is five years old boy. Thank you.
Hello doctor, I have baby girl of 3 months. I want weight chart for my baby.. Pls send me chart of weight for indian baby girl.
My son age-5 before 1 Month he was suffered with chicken pox thats why he getting marks on whole body please give me some suggestion to remove stains from his body its looking very badly and got wholes also.
My only 1 yrs 6 month child girl is not speak any word but she understand all thing she dance in musicmusic so please tell me is there any problem or not.
My son put his finger in rectum when he goes to do poop. Is it safe or not. He always poop in standing position.
HI, My 3 year old boy is frequently getting cold cough .continuous nasal congestion even if no cold and cough. 2 month before he got wheezing thrice. We have recently shifted for Chennai to bangalore.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.