Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajinder Kumar
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Rajinder KumarYour feedback matters!
I am not living in the moment, I am just engaging with my thoughts (I am not sure if this is my bad habit). I want to live and enjoy each and every moment of my life like others, but this is not happing to me. Is it I am thinking my past incidents that happened to me or my thoughts. I am not sure on this. Need a help please.
I am 38 years old. My Parents highly need meditation & yoga exercise to concentrate. But they are not paying attention to their growing ailments. They're becoming sarcastic towards me & my brother. & blame me for all. Only because I didn't marry.
Even in today's world of technological advancement and modern thoughts, there are many instances of abusive relationships behind closed doors. Physical assault is not the only method of domestic violence or abuse. There are normally three ways your spouse may be abusing you-
- Physical abuse is when your spouse takes up to beating. It is not just beating, but there can be other ways of physical abuse that may hurt you physically somehow.
- Sexual abuse is when you are forced by your spouse for unwanted sex, that amounts to marital rape. Even with consensual sex, there may be certain activities during sex that you do not want to engage in.
- Emotional Abuse is another form of abuse, where your spouse does not use physical control, but controls you mentally or emotionally. In all of the above cases, just tolerating the abuses without saying anything against it, may lead to serious problems in future.
Symptoms of Being Abused
There can be many times when you are unable to judge whether you are being abused by your spouse. In this case, there are a few symptoms that you can match up to check whether you are a victim of spousal abuse:
- You are afraid of your spouse,
- You do not want to anger your spouse,
- Lack of confidence that may make you feel that you deserve to be punished,
- You start feeling that you are either crazy, or too helpless.
Now you can also judge whether your partner is abusive, by noticing these symptoms:
- Your partner humiliates you and criticizes you all the time,
- Your partner treats you badly in front of friends and family,
- Ignores your accomplishments or emotions and blames you for everything,
- Treats you as an object for sex,
- Controls your life in all aspects.
Getting Rescued From the Situation
Abuse can be for both the husband and wife. But in most cases, partners do not come out in the open and talk about it. Women think they can manage and adjust to keep the marriage going, while men think it is too shameful to admit that they are being abused by their wives. But just staying quiet and waiting for a solution is not the best solution. If you want to get out of the situation, trying these options can help.
- Speaking to your spouse since the very first time when you notice such abuse,
- Staying strong and confident always,
- Talking to a friend or a family member about the abuse,
- Calling up the police for help and filing up a case of domestic violence against the spouse,
- Taking up some hard decisions, such as separation from the spouse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.