Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi doc could you suggest me best face whitening cream especially for darkened area on neck due to shaving razors.
I am 20 years old I have pimples acen and black heads I am using himalaya baby soap. What I have to do? Suggest me good cream I have oily skin.
Dear Sir, Suffering from Perineal abscess. Operated once 7 months ago and it comes again. I have gone through a 10 day course of Sensiclav625 twice a day but still no relif. Please help me. Economically, mentally and physically it is notvposaible for me to have another operation. Regards.
Dear sir I am facing problem is after the trimming my beard my skin of beard area becomes black mark, so for that problem please suggest the CREAM OR SOAP TO remove that black mark on beard.
I am 28 years old .Around my eyes dark circles and neck back is very black. I want any treatment pleasesuggest
I keep getting ulcers on my left foot. Usually they are filled with puss. It always happens on left foot when I walk too much. I also suffer from corn but only on my left foot. It has been having for years now. Parts of the foot also have gotten hard. What can be the problem and how to treat it?
I am 29yr old female, from teenage l have face problem. My face is dull, acne, prickly heat on forehead, uneven skin, oilly skin. How to get healty.
I am currently using a cream which name is clobtamil g so kya me continue kr skta hu. please help kar sakte h aap.
I have mark on my chick from age 5 I consult skin doctor and he advice me to use (easyglow) my frnd also suggest me to use (mallas) cream which remove the layer of skin same like (easy glow ) but mark didn't erase ..any advice plz
Yesterday in morning when I passing stool I saw little brown blood after passing stool. My stool colour is clear. But when I clean I saw brown blood few drops. My stool was not hard. But from past three days my stomach was not completely clear.
My daughter is 13 years and faces a lot of skin problem. Even if she walks a little bit she gets rashes let it be any season. Due to rashes her thighs are become black and rash problem is become very frequent. Please sugest something.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.