Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have hurt my toe in the right leg which broke off my nail completely. The skin beneath the toe is too sensitive and it gives intense pain at regular intervals how can I get rid of this?
I am using aha facewash and kojic acid cream so can you tell me how many spf is best for sun protection.
Sir I have a problem wich I cannot share with anyone I am afraid if share with anyone they laugh on me. Even I do not have to face doctor personally. My problem is that my penis is curved left side I had try to sex with my gf but it was meaningless. Every time my penis came out side I can not proper intercourse if I do roughly then she has too much pain and me also. What should I do please help me.
I have white patches on skin is it due to virus or something else. Sometimes its itching. Please tell me.
My daughter has swelling like a carbuncle just below nail of ring finger of right hand. It is there for few years- how to cure it. Suggest pls.
The skin is one of the most delicate, yet at times, the most ignored part of the body. Human skin consists of three layers, namely, Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis:
Epidermis is the outermost layer of the body and provides protection to the skin. The amount of Melanin in the epidermis is responsible for the variation of skin colour.
The second layer, Dermis protects the body from stress and strains and also nourishes the epidermis.
The deepest layer, Hypodermis also known as subcutaneous tissue, conserves energy. It is made up of cells with the purpose of storing fat, to be utilized by the body.
A person's skin keeps on changing throughout the human life. It becomes thinner with the age, because of the ever changing hormonal production. With increasing age your skin also begins to age, losing its glow and becoming drier leading to larger pores, breakouts, wrinkles, dark circles, sagginess, patches, etc.
Following changes occur in the skin at different age groups:
- Infants: The skin of newborns is very delicate, often red/pinkish or purple in colour. The skin of babies keeps on developing with each passing day. Their skin is thinner and sensitive. Also, the newborn skin is more prone to infections and allergies, which is why it is always advisable to use hand-sanitizers before even touching a baby, since a small infection might lead to a bigger issue for newborns. Premature babies generally have transparent skin vis-a-vis skin of full term babies, who are born with fully developed thicker skin.
- Toddlers: The skin of toddlers as compared to infants is more developed and bright, and it keeps on changing as your toddler grows.
- Adolescents: The skin of adolescents is tougher and undergoes a major change because of the various hormonal changes that happen during this phase of the human body. To name a few, adolescents will experience an increase in sebum production, arm sweating, pubic hair growth, pimples, acne (Learn more about Acne and Scars), etc.
- Adulthood: Oil production, breakouts, larger skin pores are a few of the skin changes that start as the body also starts to age. The skin might experience acne and dryness in this stage.
- Maturity: Exposure to sun, less intake of water, thinning of the epidermis and lack of proper skin care leads to various skin related changes. These include skin pigmentation, wrinkles, losing of elasticity, paler skin, dryness, expression lines, thinner and drier skin.
- Old-age: During this phase of age, the human skin dries, becomes looser, veins become to be more visible, appearance of age-spots, sagging of skin, patchy skin are issues that humans are exposed to face.
Any skin related issue should be taken up and discussed with Dermatologist/Skin Specialist to find the best cure to the problem.
Does skin colour can be changed from dark to white? does vitamin c and vitamin a makes skin lighter? my chest is much whiter than hand skin so can I get colour like chest to the hand skin. If yes then what are the methods.
I am 31 years old & I have skin problem, like: skin is peeling off from my fore finger since 3 months. What should I do now?
What to do to decrease pimples and black spots on our face, and to increase the glow and maintain activeness and how to increase brightness and colour of ghe face.
My daughter is 13 years old, day by day her skin is chage into darkness is this a sun burn or something else?
Hello doctor. I have oily skin so my doctor suggested that use either rivela gel dry touch sunscreen or suncros tint. Which one is better for avoiding pimples due to use of sunscreen.
I am 26 years old female and my skin is sometimes oily sometimes dry. I do not have acne problem but my concern is, I have open pores on my cheeks. I wash my face daily at night and use a face scrub every week once. Please let me know what can be done.
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.