Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Pediatricians online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narinder Toor
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Narinder ToorYour feedback matters!
I have high prolactin level of 30.94. I am unmarried. kindly suggest is it very alarming. What can be done to reduce it?
Teaching children how to get their personal needs met and to help around the house is an important and integral part of growing up. It helps them to become independent and also help others. They learn to appreciate dignity of work and cooperation, responsibility contribution and collaboration with co workers and spouses as they become adults. These tasks are as much for boys as for girls. The chores suggested below are a rough guideline of age appropriate jobs for children. Keep in mind that kids are different both developmentally and physically. Some children may be able to do more than others. So here goes:
2-4 year olds: help make bed, put away toys, fetch diapers and plastic bottles, put dirty clothes in bucket, help feed the pets. All tasks would need adult supervision.
4-7 year olds: set the table, help with bed making, watering the plants, feeding pets, start putting on own clothes, bathing, clean up messes, put away toys, put away clothes, carry light bags. Adult supervision would be required as child is learning new skills.
8-10 year olds: water plants, make bed, clean up room, clear the table, do small dishes, do small dusting around the house, cooking basic food like eggs, maggi, milk, keep the garbage out, fold clothes, basic sweeping and swabbing of the floor. Please note that adult supervision would be needed for new tasks.
11 year olds and older children: clean bathroom, clean kitchen, cooking simple to complex dishes, wash dishes, wash clothes, dusting.
If you liked what you read, please share it with others and you can also have a private chat with me if you have any questions about your child.
For deworming Of 11 year zybend albendazole 400 has been given. Do I have to give for one day or two consecutive days, the child bites nails.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.