Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav UppalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gaurav Uppal to be very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. Thank you so much gaurav ji. We will follow as suggested.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gaurav Uppal to be well-reasoned, professional and very helpful. Thank you Sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gaurav Uppal to be very helpful. Thank you sir your answer was very helpful
Dr. Gaurav Uppal provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thks for usefull reply .. i contect as soon as posible
Sai Sankar Patra
Dr. Gaurav Uppal provides answers that are knowledgeable. Please give me your number
feeling relief and positive after having an audia call with Dr. Gaurav...thank u sir
At a young age, it is fairly common to be afraid of math. The rational nature of numbers, multiplication tables, addition, subtraction and all that in between can admittedly be a tough thing to get on with at a tender age. But in most of the cases, this difficulty tends to improve as one attains maturity. This can be attributed to a growing familiarity with the subject and a subsequent change in the way of understanding certain things. But if your child suffers from a problem with understanding math even at a grown age, chances are he/she might be suffering from Dyscalculia- a special type of learning disorder that is characterized by a person’s inability to grasp the concepts of math or the very concept of numbers itself.
Dyscalculia generally occurs due to genetic factors. However, it is also possible to encounter this disorder if your child had suffered from significant brain injury in the past or have problems with remembering things. It is also possible to have this disorder, if your child is already suffering from Dyslexia ( a learning disorder which makes your child unable to read or understand written words).
The symptoms of Dyscalculia are as follows:
- Inability to recognize numbers and significant trouble while counting.
- Significant problems while performing basic additions, subtractions or divisions.
- Facing problems with how to use money or telling time.
- The problem with memorizing mathematical formulae or tables.
- Your child might be unable to discern exactly how to approach a math problem.
- Your child will be increasingly reluctant to go to a math class or feel tensed before math examinations.
- Inability to understand the basic functionality of numbers.
It is extremely important to remember that having this disorder does not necessarily mean your child has a bad academic record on the whole. Since this disorder can cause significant problems in the future for your child in terms of dealing with things in the real world, you should be extremely sensitive regarding its treatment.
The treatment of Dyscalculia might include:
- You should encourage your child more and more if they tend to get immensely frustrated with their math problems. If possible, try to help your child with his/ her homework.
- Strike a healthy relationship with your child. Make him realize that not being able to grasp the concept of numbers is not the end of the world. Explore his other skills. That might boost his lost confidence and might encourage him to approach math in a more efficient manner.
- You should try to make your child learn how to tell time or use money with little home exercises. If possible, try to make him learn the basic of math with daily activities like counting the number of flowers while walking down the streets.
- You must consult a specialist who will make your child learn numbers by following different modes other than writing. For example, the specialist might read a math problem to your child in order to make him understand the problem. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!