Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika VermaYour feedback matters!
It is normal to lose about 30-80 strands of hair in a day.
Common reasons behind hair fall are :-
1) Lack of essential nutrients in the body
2) Improper and unhealthy dietary habits
3) Hormonal imbalance
4) Certain medications,
5) Dandruff, alopecia and other scalp disorders,
6) Anemia and thyroid issue
7) Increased body heat
8) Stress and tension etc.
9) Use of Hard water to wash hairs
TIPS TO STOP HAIR LOSS
1) Use Natural oils such as coconut, almond etc. to massage gently the scalp for countering hair fall.
2) Have more proteins and trace minerals in the diet.
3) Start taking Ayurvedic hair nutrition supplement.
4) Keep stress away take proper 8 hr calm sleep
5) Get the underlying scalp condition like dandruff treated.
6) Start 2 spoon cow ghee with milk - empty stomach; will provide you essential nutrition.
7) Use soft water to wash your hairs.(alternate day is the limit) DO NOT USE HOT WATER TO WASH .
8) DO regular exercise, yoga, meditation.
9) Keep your body cool calm to avoid hair fall
Hello, I have been having low back pain since two weeks, it's more when I am sitting on my right pelvis weight bearing, pain is mainly at the right dimple, pain increases more when I am standing from sitting position, the pain is moderate bit very discomforting. I had a fall on my both hips a month before, my GP told me to go for X-ray but till now I didn't. Kindly help me to make myself better in whatever means possible as soon as possible.
From past 6 month my face skin are very rough nd much of pimples came .and in face both side are seen little bit black .before that my skin too much fare give me some tips.
I am an athlete kind of person, involved in many sports. I, at times suffer backpain after my games. Is it normal or is there anything to worry about?
Male or female, it affects us all at some point of time in our lives. Stress, pollution, improper diet, high blood sugar, and hormonal imbalance are the main reasons behind acne.
Amongst the external intake related causes caffeine, dairy products, fried food, sweets and cola are the foods to be avoided. Also smoking, as cigarette smoke alters skin lipids and also causes relative deficiency of antioxidants contributing to the onset and/or exacerbation of acne. Alcohol consumptions on the other hand both directly and indirectly causes acne. Heavy drinking or binge drinking does more harm than light drinking.
However, certain foods when included in daily diet, help curb acne.
1. Lots of water - One reasons of acne is when the toxins in our body start reflecting on our skins. It is advisable to drink at least eight glasses of water to flush out the toxins, ensure smooth digestion, regulate acidity and ensure that your skin glows from within.
2. Cool cucumbers - Cucumbers have high water content, along with cooling properties. It has antioxidants, vitamin c and silica which are all good for the skin. Cucumbers are also known to fight inflammation causing enzymes.
3. Nourishing carrots - Carrots are rich in beta carotene and vitamin a. They help cure acne by eliminating the oils and proteins which cause them. Broccoli and green leafy vegetable also serve the same purpose.
4. Saviour berries - Berries have high content of anti-oxidants which prevent the skin from damage within, thus preventing acne and inflammation.
5. Anti-oxidant green tea - Also a rich source of anti-oxidants, green tea is known to balance the blood sugar, which in turn protects the skin from acne.
6. Yummy yogurts - Even though dairy products are known to be bad for acne, yoghurt happens to be very good for prevention of acne. Keep in mind that it is fresh and not too fermented.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body. Eczema can be cured if the persistent immunological disturbances get corrected by internal medications like homeopathy treatment, which is known for providing safe and effective treatment. The presence of red, inflamed and itchy skin can trigger psychosocial and emotional stress in the patients suffering from eczema and can become a dominant cause of severe discomfort.
Homeopathy treatment for eczema
In homeopathy, Eczema is considered as an external demonstration of an internal disease; it requires internal and deep cleansing to tackle the problem effectively. The treatment of eczema begins with the assessment of initial symptoms in order to identify the root causes of the disorder effectively.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
Related Tip: "What Causes Eczema? + Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks"
Rashes on legs and hands and on body too. No rashes on face. I use play daydream for face. I also use Nivea fresh active deo. I also use Palmolive shower gel for bath and any Himalaya anti hair fall shampoo. Rashes just come for 4-5 hours and become lighter. But sometimes they are itchy. Is it because of summer heat? Please help.
I have one year old boy during pregnancy my breast size grown but now it has came down. Pls advice any medicine to increase rest size and make is tight also. Im not breast feeding since my boy turned six month. I heard contraceptive pills for family planning tends to increase the brest size? Is it true?
Inflammation of the stomach is also known as acute gastritis. In this article, you will find 10 natural tips to cure acute gastritis.
Possible causes and habits that could lead to acute gastritis include: medications like aspirin and some pain medicines that can harm the lining and walls of the stomach; the excessive consumption of alcohol; drinking alcohol, coffee, tea, and lemon juice on an empty stomach; and eating hot foods.
When hot foods enter into injured areas of the stomach, the stomach lining and the interior walls slow or stop altogether the flow of blood in the stomach walls, causing reddening, irritation, and in some cases bleeding. All of this can gradually lead to chronic ulcers. An increase of uric acid in the blood can also be the cause of acute gastritis. Some remedies for the treatment of acute gastritis may be very useful in place of using higher-strength medications.
Symptoms of acute gastritis
Lack of the feeling of hunger, especially breakfast.
Vomiting and occasionally blood in the vomit or the stool.
Burning feeling in the stomach.
Feeling of pain the stomach and in the area of the ribs.
Low blood count or hemoglobin levels.
The 10 top tips for gastritis
Eating bee honey regularly before meals helps fortify the walls of the stomach.
Add 2 tablespoons of bee honey to warm water and drink daily on an empty stomach. It will reduce the acidity of the stomach and the walls will heal themselves naturally.
Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a cup of hot or warm milk and take early each morning to cure the stomach of irritation, and this is the best treatment for gastritis.
Consume a quarter teaspoon of kalonji seeds to cure the stomach and treat acute gastritis. Eat black onion seeds to continually eliminate ulcers as well as stomach cancer.
Eating oatmeal with honey every day for breakfast is very beneficial for curing acute gastritis and ulcers.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of psyllium (ispaghol) to 1 cup of yogurt and add 1 banana. Eat every day a half an hour before breakfast. It is very beneficial for stomach health.
Put dried papaya seeds in the sun and crush them daily into a powder, and put it over slices of pineapple and eat every day on an empty stomach.
Take green cardamom seeds, fennel seeds, and cinnamon in equal portions and fry in a dry pan for only 20-30 seconds. Crush them all and eat a half a teaspoon with each meal.
Eat between 2-3 teaspoons of black salt a day after each meal for 1-2 months to eliminate every cause of gastritis and ulcers.
Press 2 or 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley every day to make a juice and add a pinch of black salt and black powdered pepper. Drink daily, 3 times a day. This will also improve your appetite.
Ginger is the best herb for curing the stomach. Mix ginger and onion juice in equal parts and drink every day, twice a day to alleviate inflammation, nausea, and stomach irritation.
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Losing weight is an important factor as carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to consult a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling
- Compress your knee
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows
- Physical therapy
- Surgery to repair the meniscus
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus