Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Ludhiana. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok.K.Gupta
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok.K.GuptaYour feedback matters!
He is specialist in eyes problem
I am a software engineer, I recently have a blur vision sometimes. I got checked up here and Doctor told me it is due to myopia. When I asked whether I need to wear glass, he said everything normal. After reading online article I have ordered for a filtering glass to wear when I use computer. Is it safe and how to prevent / diagnose myopia thanks in advance.
My eye power is 4.5 and 5 myopia. I am 25, will it still increase ? I heard power stop increasing after 21-22 yrs of age. I think its increasing slowly. I have to spent lot of time studying and on computer. Please reply asap
I have red eyes and itching n inflammatory while seeing from left one since yesterday evening. please help.
My eyes are start paining when I am working on computer and during morning time lots of water droplet comes out from my eye what should I have to do?
My eyes develop tears when reading and tears become more when am exposed to more light. A doctor gave Ocutob D Eye Drop and I got some relief. Currently the drug is over. Can I continue using the eye drop. Thanks.
It has been over a month. I feel like there is something in my eye but there is nothing. This sensation makes me rub my eyes frequently. My spectacle power has increased recently. But I experience blurred vision at times.
Blurred vision after a hard game of football. Happens when ever I'm not physically active for a while (3-4 days) and all of a sudden I play a sport. Last for about 15-30 mins and then I'm fine.
I am preparing for NEET, due to constant studies my eyes n head pains many a times a day, there is no visnory defect, I can clearly see everything whether it is nearer or further, it gives me some relief by splashing of water but for more consistent effect wht should I do? Thank you.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.