Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ludhiana and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I have a long distance eye sight every six months the sight increases is there any top where I can improve my eye sight n avoid sight to increase. My most of the work is on computer n I use a anti glare glasses.
My eye is very hot and very irritated and my hole body is heat what can I do and I take natural mediation so what can I do.
I have pain ij my eyes daily morning while wakeup im getting pain in my both eyes because of what this happening.
I have a bit red eyes for above a week and it is not getting fade. What to do? Do I take any eye drop? Pls suggest.
I have shortsighted and am not interested to wear glass or contact lens. Can you please give more solutions?
I got my eyes tested because I could not see things kept at a far distance and the results were that power of one eye is 1 and that of the other eye is 0.5. I don't want to wear glasses and I have got different opinions from everyone. Some are saying that once I start wearing glasses I will not be able to see anything after a period of time. Will it affect my eyes more if I don't wear glasses. Can you tell me about all the consequences of not wearing glasses.
I have an sight nearly 6 years ago and now my eyes are easily strained. How many ways we are having reduced sight.
He is 12 years old he is getting pitta daily and getting his eyes reddish and he is becoming over healthy is weight is 45 kg and height is 4.8. Whts d reason.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.