Doctor in EAT RIGHT
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for EAT RIGHTYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. During the complete gain weight treatment program she always supported and motivated me. Even though Simer Kaur is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. The nurses at the EAT RIGHT were really helpful. Simer Kaur with great ease handled my wife's serious case with ease. The EAT RIGHT is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. It was a bad case of gain weight. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Even though it's been more than a year that I have been following Dt.Simer Kaur's diet chart. One of my neighbour's recommended dt.Simer Kaur. I am so much benefitted with herdiet chart, that i am perfectly fit and fine now. The overall atmosphere in the EAT RIGHT in Ludhiana is very soothing. Simer Kaur certainly knows the in and out of herspeciality. She is very patient with all herpatients.
Due to not being able to lose weight i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. With the help of her treatment for lose weight I am feeling so great. The nurses at the EAT RIGHT were really helpful. I remember, I read an article of Dr Kaur in the paper and made contact. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me to lose weight, but she has helped me immensely.
Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my diet. Simer Kaur certainly knows the in and out of herspeciality. The overall atmosphere in the EAT RIGHT is very soothing. she did the best diet planning for me
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Simer Kaur certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my weight loss. Everything was just spick and span in the EAT RIGHT. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. I was amazed that other doctors before her were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Simer Kaur did it immediately and started the weightloss treatment for it. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I was suffering from thyroid disorders. Though I was already taking homeopathy treatment but I chose to consult a dietician also. I consulted Dr Simer, she has a broad knowledge in this field. And I am glad that I chose to consult her. As I am much better than before.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of body weakness. Dr Simer Kaur is really like God send person. the facilities available in the EAT RIGHT are very nice. I had agreat experience with the doctor. And I am extremely benefitted with the treatment.
Dr Simer is a well known dietician in the city. I consulted her as I was having vitamin deficiency. but after her treatment, I am able to overcome with the problem. I thank her for treating me so well.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Simer Kaur to be professional. but my body is very weak ,i can,t go to gym ,and i suffer from indigestion then how to increase my stamina
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Simer Kaur to be very helpful. Thank you for your greatfull opinion .
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Simer Kaur to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
Dt. Simer Kaur provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much mam.....
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Simer Kaur to be very helpful. Thank u
Dt. Simer Kaur provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Dt. Simer Kaur provides answers that are caring. I feel good
A person, in order to be a successful sportsman or sportswoman needs to take a good care of his or her diet plans on a daily basis. They need more energy, proteins, vitamins, calories, minerals, carbohydrates and fats than other people, who are not involved in sports. Also, the requirement of energy varies in different sportsperson.
On an average, a sportsman below 30 years of age needs 3000 Kilo calories of food whereas those beyond 30 years need 2800-3000 Kilo calories of food daily.
The different requirements in the diets of a sportsman are explained as follows:
- Carbohydrates: It is found in whole grains and fruits. Also the diet should comprise of foods rich in fiber.
- Proteins: Proteins are the building blocks of the body which is why a sportsperson need it the most. It builds their immunity and increases the ability of the body to handle physical stress and strain. It is found in chicken, fish egg whites, milk, yoghurts, beans etc.
- Fats: They are required for the proper lubrication of the bones. They also help in the absorption and transportation of fat soluble vitamins. Have foods with saturated fats like nuts, olive oil, fatty fish, low fat milk and low fat dairy products.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Adequate amount of vitamins maintain the health and integrity of the cell bodies in the body. It also fights against the stress by destroying few unnecessary substances in the body and increasing antioxidants.
- Hydration: Proper hydration of the body is essential for a sportsperson in addition to other necessary nutrient requirements since it increases the functionality of the person. This is because proteins might result in constipation in the body the effect of which is nullified by the supply of adequate amount of water.
- Fiber: Apart from these, foods rich in fiber are also required since presence of adequate amount fiber in the body helps in having regular bowel movement in a person.
- Salt intake: Salt is an important ingredient in the diet of the sportsperson since salt is the key source of sodium which has contribution towards keeping one healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Rice water is the water one gets during the preparation or cooking process of rice. Rice is normally soaked in water for some time. This water is generally thrown away and the rice put in the cooker. It turns out that this water has many benefits and should not be thrown away. Research has proven that rice water has vitamins and minerals and it has also been found that there has already been this practice of using rice water in many Asian cultures.
Rich in Beneficial Components
As mentioned, rice water is full of minerals that can provide benefit. The process of obtaining the right kind of substance is also crucial. If you have been just washing the rice and decanting it immediately, then you may have to review this. The process recommended is to allow the soak to stay for a few minutes and then take out the cleaning water. This is what you should be using for different applications.
Skin and Hair Treatments with Rice Water
The cleaning water obtained thus can then be used for application on the skin in various skin treatments. Skin surface needs to be refreshed to keep it smooth and beautiful. Ferulic acid and allantoin are some of the components found in rice water. These possess anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and prove to be quite useful for the skin.
Rice water is also used as a face cleanser. In this, you need to just wipe your face using the rice water and leave it to dry naturally, giving the face a rinse, a little later. You can use a cotton ball to do the wiping, so that it can reach all parts of the face including the back of the ears and part of your neck. If you follow this routine for a few days, you will be assured of a clear, glowing skin.
Benefits to Hair
Inositol is a substance found in rice water and it has been found to be very beneficial in improving the condition of human hair. One way it helps is by removing the friction in the hair and making it flow smoothly and freely. It is also useful in leaving the hair with more elasticity than before the use of the rice water. Many experts recommend that rice water can be used to wash hair in combination with the shampoo you are already using. After the hair has been washed with the shampoo, apply rice water uniformly and then rinse with clear water.
Most of these remedies suggested have to be followed for extended periods on a regular basis for lasting benefits. No improvement will occur instantaneously or with just a few applications.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating.
- Roasted snacks: You can snack on peanuts, roasted channa, roasted makhane, roasted pumpkin seeds.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dinner is one meal that is the most treasured of all meals, especially because it is served after a hard day’s work and sweat. Hence, this particular meal of the day should not only be filling, but also nutritious. However, dinner can often turn out to be the unhealthiest of the three major meals in a day; given the fact that people are usually tired by the time they get served and thus, don’t pay much heed to what they are eating.
In some cases, it might happen because of being unaware of certain healthier alternatives and in others, simply because of their preference. Eating unhealthy, especially during dinner, is not a very good idea. If the food is laden with sugar and fats, it can add inches to your waistline. This is more prevalent during dinner as the metabolic rate slows down at night. Your best bet is to go for food items that are light and free from sugar.
Here are some foods that you can consider:
- Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken with a drizzle of olive oil is a dish that would enjoy a handsome rating on any foodie’s dinner list. It is light, contains proteins that will keep your muscles well fed and has little carbohydrates. You can add some chopped cucumbers and tomatoes to up the taste quotient.
- Plain chicken soup: This is an easy to prepare dish that is commonly consumed in the winter months for its therapeutic effects in fighting common cold. Like the previous dish, it is rich in protein and healthy fats. You can add some stock vegetables for a wholesome meal.
- Stir fried vegetables: This is another easy to prepare dish. Stir fried vegetables are one of the healthiest dishes you will ever come across. Simply cut some vegetables and toss them around in an oak for a few minutes, add some seasoning, such as mint leaves and sesame seeds. It is rich in Vitamins and antioxidants; also the fiber content of this dish helps you feel fuller faster.
- Poha: The quintessential Indian dish, poha or beaten rice pilaf is loaded with benefits. Poha is a complex carbohydrate, which means, the energy released from it will be slow and sustained. It is known for its high iron content and low calories. You can add vegetables and soya nuggets for taste.
You can also try paneer tikka with vegetable soup, grilled soya champ, grilled vegetable sandwich made from whole wheat bread, a katori of dal with 1 chapati.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, Papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The number of vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber present in Papaya help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium-sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetic patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar level. Some people also consume the flower (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants help in reducing the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity level.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta-carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta-carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a teacher I am very busy in giving education to childrens and my weight become so heavy how I can loss my weight.
I have pcos, I do regular gyming since last three months, I take metformin 500 mg once a day. But I am not able to see weight loss. How can I lose a minimum of 4-5 kg in a month, with regular gym and diet control. Bhavna nigam gurgaon, Bhavna09@gmail.com.
Only rarely does a food product can be associated with both the names of “good product” and a “bad product”. This is because the content of the food might vary and over a period of time, the same can be termed bad.
In a nutshell, yoghurt or the plain, low-fat yoghurt is an excellent health food. But however, the same cannot be said about certain ingredients in the yoghurt like the added sweeteners. So let's talk about what to look for in a healthy yoghurt.
- Fat: Most yoghurts have the same percentage of fat as the milk. Many people do prefer low-fat yoghurt over milk as it has a good taste and maintains a healthy balance of the saturated fats
- Protein: Yoghurt is a good source of lean protein. But the amount of protein in yoghurt products differs quite a bit. It is better to have yoghurt that has less water content as their protein ratio would be intact.
Yoghurts to avoid:
Now comes the trickiest part of the types of yoghurt to avoid. Mostly try avoiding sweetened yoghurt. Most of them have artificial sweeteners and they are a strict “no” for your body. Also stay away from “lite” yoghurts. It is true that the fat is removed in these yoghurts, but to compensate for the fat removed, manufacturers add thickeners such as gelatin, gum or starch. The result may not be as beneficial as a natural yoghurt and they can be effectively be categorised as a “bad” yoghurt.
There are many ways by which you can customise your taste by using a yoghurt.
- Fruit and yoghurt, a cup of plain, low-fat yoghurt, a handful of fresh fruit, and a dash of nuts is all that you need. You can mix the contents and to sweeten it you can add a few drops of honey.
- You can also try incorporating yoghurt into other meal plans and snacks throughout the day. They also can be had any time of the day.
- You can even alternate this with that of sour cream and see the taste difference.
- You can add 1teaspoon of flax seeds to 1 bowl curd and take it as mid meal.
- You can make fruit smoothie with curd, fruits and nuts. Take it as breakfast option for weight watchers.
One of the biggest criteria is to check the nutritional value of the yoghurt before taking it for consumption. It would be even better if you check your doctor about the type of yoghurt you can take in. Apart from the health benefits, yoghurt can be used in a number of homemade facials and hair masks. They are also predominantly used as skin moisturisers and be beneficial in getting a blemish free skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
With the onset of Ramadan season, one of the most common food products is the dates. Dried, deseeded, syrup, milkshakes, and sweets they are available in all forms all over the place. The vendors in and around the mosques stock them up in large amounts. While most of us enjoy them, not many know the actual reasons for their popularity. There is both a historic/religious as well as scientific reason for their popularity.
- In the Hadith literature, it has been mentioned that dates were one of Prophet’s favorite foods. Breaking the fast with dates is widely mentioned, and so continues to be one of the best ways even to date
- There are references to Prophet stating that dates are the best way to break a fast, and when not available, water should be used, as they are both pure and curative
- Eating 7 dates in the morning every day is believed to help get rid of body poison and envy
- After a full day of fast, the body requires energy, and so dates is packed with sugars, which gives it the much required boost. Other foods take time and may not help get rid of the fatigue from fasting so quickly
- In addition, dates are also rich in various minerals and vitamins. Vitamin A, B6, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, and sodium are found in good quantities in dates. Given the full day fasting, these help in energizing the body.
- Dates are easy on the fasting stomach, are easy to digest, and so do not take a toll on the stomach
- Eating dates first also reduces the hunger pangs, and so excessive eating during ifthar can be controlled. This indirectly helps in weight control too.
- Dates are rich in fiber, and so help in avoiding constipation, which is very likely otherwise
- They are alkaline in nature, and so help in balancing out the acids in the stomach after a full day of fasting.
Go ahead and indulge in dates; they have multiple benefits and so very helpful during the month of Ramadan. Eat them in any form, and get the benefits.